After tribunal win — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

After tribunal win

Options
Alicia89
Alicia89 Community member Posts: 44 Courageous
edited August 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I wanted to know. Do they always ring you to check a few info after a tribunal win and before the back payment is sorted formy pip? Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,184 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Yes they do ring sometimes asking for bank details and weather you've been in hospital recently is another questions they've been known to ask. Usually it's not long after this that your back pay will be in your bank.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alicia89
    Options
    Hi,

Yes they do ring sometimes asking for bank details and weather you've been in hospital recently is another questions they've been known to ask. Usually it's not long after this that your back pay will be in your bank.
    Thank you. Just getting so fed up of more waiting. Its like they dont think we ve waited and struggle long enough. Its a year next month since they stopped my pip .
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It can take 6 weeks to receive backpay after winning a Tribunal, this is because they have 28 days to ask for the statement of reasons. Great news on winning btw!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Alicia89
    Options
    Thanks hun. Just think if they arent going to appeal why not sorted. The waiting is making me beyond anxious and stressed. Just want in writing so I can get on with life before its time again. Wanted to ask. I got three years so till 2020 does that mean il get assessed after then or is it still a year ealry. Thanks again
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You will be re-assessed next year - a year earlier than the decision notice says.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No worries. Some Tribunal awards have end dates, if this is what your is then you will be contacted 3 months before the award is due to end. If it doesn't then you'll have a review 1 year before. You'll need to check your award letter, when you receive it from DWP.
  • Alicia89
    Options
    No worries. Some Tribunal awards have end dates, if this is what your is then you will be contacted 3 months before the award is due to end. If it doesn't then you'll have a review 1 year before. You'll need to check your award letter, when you receive it from DWP.
    Ahh ok . Mine says awarded from the tribunal letter says 25/09/2017-25/09/2020. So itll be three months before then it will be reassess ed? Sorry I am a little slow on these things. Will dwp have to put the same end date as the court or can they change it? Thanks again .

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.