Having difficulty getting support or representation for my ESA appeal, advice required. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Having difficulty getting support or representation for my ESA appeal, advice required.

tina_123
tina_123 Community member Posts: 27 Connected
Hi, I was found 'fit for work' in May and my ESA was stopped, I need to get some advice and clout behind me for my appeal, but am experiencing difficulties acquiring this.

Comments

• Debzs
    Debzs Community member Posts: 35 Courageous
    Can you go to doctor and explain circumstances,will he write a letter outlining your difficulties and the impact this is having on your life on a daily basis 
  • tina_123
    Hi Debs, I've been today, however she said they've intervened in cases before and they are just ignored, so she wasn't really very helpful.
  • Debzs
    My first letter had been ignored but my doc had written another letter and been rather direct this time,keep at your doc and tell her you need support and guidance atm maybe a friend can go with you,and explain your situation and as your friend can say how much help she gives you
  • tina_123
    I saw a new doctor at the surgery, I'll make a specific appointment with a doctor who knows my case. Hopefully I'll have a bit more luck next time.
  • tina_123
    Any further advice that can be offered regarding organisations who will actually represent you?
  • Debzs
    I'm not sure tbh but there's a lot of people on this forum have loads of experience and suggestions to help you with this most distressingly times 
  • Debzs
    That's usually the first step mandatory reconciliation, after that I'm not sure, I do know I have an amazing doctor who helps me all the way,  I don't know about anything other than my own circumstances but I would of thought the doctor would be firzf place to start, I know this process is debilitating BV to us all
  • Debzs
    Don't know wer the BV come from lol
  • tina_123
    Hi Mike, thanks for your advice. MR refused, now having to take the matter to court. I was moved to UC 3 weeks ago, 2 weeks ago I was referred for a sanction for missing a telephone appointment with my work coach, I explained that I'd had no money for 2 weeks, that my mobile had malfunctioned and I simply had no income to get it repaired. This explanation was ignored, I've complained to my MP who is taking this up for me with them.  I'm 59 years old, suffer from COPD and auto-immune disease, having been living from food banks for the past week, a really degrading experience. A further appointment with my work coach yesterday, I had to walk 4 miles to attend, for fear of a further sanction. The whole UC system is highly punitive and draconian.  Got annoyed yesterday at Jobcentre, and now in fear of a further sanction.
  • tina_123
    At wits with it Debz
  • tina_123
    Yeah, true...thanks so much for the useful advice...just gets very annoying and frustrating at times :) 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.