Assessment report back — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment report back

Maddison69
Maddison69 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
Hi all I posted a week or so ago just got my assessment letter back not sure what it’s saying any help would be great I suffer with fibro anxiety panicked attacks , ok so so next to taking Medication there is a tick then says needs prompting ,tick next to needs help with bathing etc needs help with this . Tick next to needs prompting to take a journey due to distress , tick next to budgeting dessiciims , tick next to engaging with people , needs help to dress etc tick , not sure what all this means says to be reviewed in 2 years any help would be great xx

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    You need to look at the PIP descriptors and match the ticks/dots up  with them. The best way of doing this is by doing the PIP self test here. http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php by putting the dot on the test in exactly the same place it is on the assessment report, if you understand my meaning. At the end of the test it will give you a score, if anything and tell you what they have recommended.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    There will be dots next to all the descriptors but it doesn't mean you've scored any points in that descriptor. A dot can mean you've scored zero points.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Maddison69
    Thankyou I’ve done that but there isn’t any dots just ticks , if I go by them it looks like standard care and no mobility xx
  • poppy123456
    Dots or tick either one. They usually go with the report, it's rare to go against it.
  • Maddison69
    Thanks poppy don’t no weather to just except it or go against it , I was bad on day bad hip she could see me struggling to walk but I did it , but says in report can walk more than 200 metres unaided and without rest how would she no that from seeing me walk into my living room and sitting down , and she said can go on all transport with someone which is a lie I cannot go on a bus I have to go everywhere by taxi because if she had read my notes my anxiety came in due to my daughter going through window of a bus 7 years ago and ended up with a traumatic brain injury I seen her laying in front of bus with paramedics from that day I’ve been unable to go on a bus let alone try and do it on my own , but she did score me ok from looks of it for daily care , some things I never said she put down as I did , etc I do online shopping I never said husband puts it away but she did etc in every note she did put looked agitated anxious emotional and wouldn’t Ingage face to face , so I’m unsure what to do about mobility part think I’ll just wait for desission to come through as it’s just stressing me at minute xxx
  • poppy123456
    I'm sorry to hear what happened. Planning and following a journey part is for those who are unable to go out alone, because of mental health rather than how you get somewhere, regardless of whether you don't use a bus or not. Even though it was stated you can go onto all transport.

Moving around part is for those who have a physical condition.

You have to wait for the decision of course but before you decide whether or not to take the MR/Tribunal route then you should get further advice from your local CAB or other disability advice centre near you.
  • Maddison69
    Thanks for reply I also suffer with anxiety and panick attacks I can not go out alone unless someone is with me , the last time I tried I had s full blown panick attacks and had to hide behind a building a lady found me and took me back home ,I also have fibromyalgia which is really bad in my hips and back and kneecaps , I will wait for outcome and go from there thanks everyone for your input Alison xx
  • debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Hi @Maddison69
    if you look at the report you should be able to work out the points from the descriptors the assessor has ticked.
    If you go to the self test on benefits and work site it will tell you how many points can be allocated to each descriptor.Hopefully you will be able to work out if your claim has been successful.
        Debsidoo.x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.