Pip assesment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assesment

Options
boggle10
boggle10 Community member Posts: 23 Listener
Hi I ask for home visit. But got letter this morning to say I have to go to coleraine, I have a letter from the doctor that needs to be sent only got it this morning. What can I do, hope this makes sense

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @boggle10, if you ring up you may be able to explain your situation and that you have a supporting letter to prove it. I hope this works! I know others have struggled to get a home visit in the past. Very best of luck and please do keep us updated!
    Scope

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,013 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    When you ring please be aware that you can only cancel an assessment once. If you tell them you have a letter from your GP, you'll be asked to send that to them and hopefully they'll agree to a home assessment but there's a chance they can still refuse even with a letter. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • boggle10
    boggle10 Community member Posts: 23 Listener
    Options
    Three letters in 3 days. Just reminding me of my appointment, I phoned  CAB a d the fella told me I was better to go that it was unlikely that they would change it anyhow. I am really at my wits end with worry. If I go they can say I have mobility enough to get there but I'm never out my door. Any suggestions on how to get through this
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    boggle10 said:
    If I go they can say I have mobility enough to get there but I'm never out my door. 
    Getting to the assessment centre will not in itself prove/disprove mobility provided that you explain how you got there.

Never go out? Questions could be asked as to if you go to a hospital or the GP. Do you just cancel the appointments and does the GP come to your home?
  • susankay
    susankay Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Options
    my husband had a home visit,during the conversation the assessor told us she lived around the corner from us .Should she be visiting people so close to her home and telling them where she lives.It feels a bit like Big Brother  
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    susankay said:
    my husband had a home visit,during the conversation the assessor told us she lived around the corner from us .Should she be visiting people so close to her home and telling them where she lives.It feels a bit like Big Brother  
    She could well be keeping an eye on your husband - first hand knowledge and all that for the re-assessment?
  • SugarCoated
    SugarCoated Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
    Options
    Hi I had an appointment for my assessment in Leeds, I can't travel very far without getting anxiety and panic attacks which meant it was impossible for me to get to the appointment. I got in touch with my mps office and explained my situation they had previously helped me with my pip forms too. I was told they would get back to. A couple of hours later I got a call back from my mp''s office saying my new home assessment appointment should be sent through the post. You should try asking for help. Mine were very helpful. Said I should get in touch if I needed anymore help. 

Hope it helps 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.