Land line or mobile phone — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Land line or mobile phone

Options
wilko
wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
with line rental keep going up what's best go total mobile as most have a land line and mobile. My best deal is unlimited txt, calls and 30GB data for £18 per month simm only  can use the data as hotspot for home use.

Comments

• Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Options
    Ditch the landline, I haven't had one for many years and won't pay their rip off prices either.

I've been using a mobile only now for years with tethering (hotspot) if I need too.

Having a landline is a complete waste of money and only any good if you like TV packages that need Internet.

Mobiles are better as you now get unlimited minutes and get 01,02,03 and alll 0800, 0808 etc on most plans and don't have to pay line rental charges either, also another plus with a mobile, it's Mobile.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We have a landline only which is used for calls, internet and TV for Sky broadcasting.
    Never had a mobile, don't like the things. Far to easy to track you and intercept your calls/history/texts.

We pay approx. £57 a month for everything including unlimited calls.

• debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I have a landline used for internet and calls.Yes it is slightly dearer but we live in a black hole here.No mobile signal here so no choice but as I am housebound a lot of the time it is worth it for me.Dont forget when the signal goes down you may be stuck so weigh up the odds first.I pay about the same as Yadnad with unlimited internet and calls.
         Debsidoo.x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.