Unclear letter — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Unclear letter

11faerie1
11faerie1 Community member Posts: 24 Listener
Hi, I attended my esa assessment  2 wks ago.I have just received a letter saying I no longer get contribution based esa as I have received total of 365 days as I'm not in the support group.Is this my decision letter to say my esa has been cut off?.It doesn't give me any other explanation or points I have recieved.So confused.Does any1 know what the letter means?.Some advice would be much appreciated. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

No, it's not a decision letter. It just means that because you're claiming Contribution based ESA this is only payable for 365 days unless you're placed into the Support Group. It means that if you live with a partner that works then you won't be entitled to Income Related ESA and you money will now stop and they will pay your National Insurance contributions only.  If you're placed into the Support Group when the decision is made then your money will re-start and any back pay will be paid to you.

If you don't live with a partner that works then you need to contact ESA to be assessed for Income Related ESA. Hope this helps.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • 11faerie1
    Thankyou so much for your reply.Im new here and I really appreciate it.I totally panicked when I seen the letter but totally confused.Just have to hold breathe waiting for the next Brown envelope.Thanks again.
  • 11faerie1
    Well , I got put out of support group and not to wrag but 365 days of contribution has expired. Do left with nothing. Requested  statement of reasons and was left gobsmacked...I have extremely  poor short term memory but it said I completed serial sevens test 5 times.and rembered 3 items.I was never asked these questions.Went to my gp and he said that was totally wrong. I'm getting a report from him soon so hoping it helps with mandatory to get put back on support group.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    It's not the statement of reasons you need to request here as that's what you ask for after a Tribunal. It's the assessment report. As you've now been found fit for work and you were claiming Contributions based ESA your only option is to look at the Support Group descriptors, to see which if any apply to you. Being entitled to Income Related will depend on circumstances and household income. Were you previously in the Support Group?

Being placed into the support group isn't about scoring points, it's about satisfying at least one of the descriptors. Or there's reg 35 exceptional circumstances. See both here.

You have 28 days to request the MR from the date of the decision.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.