pip walking distance — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip walking distance

susankay
susankay Community member Posts: 19 Connected
Hi sorry if this has been discussed before  just confused about walking distance . I have PN and am in pain 24\7, Do i say i cannot over 20 metres or say i can walk further, but in chronic pain. This is confusing because unlike someone with lung problems, stopping every few metres does nothing for my pain. I need to sit down shoes off and feet elevated to give me some  sort of relief. Im new to this site,saying a big hello to everyone.

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    The rule is how far can you walk before you have to stop and rest because of pain, fatigue or stiffness, i.e. how far can you walk 'reliably'.  Some people could walk through pain but they are not obliged to.

Remember, many assessors will use any excuse to say you can walk farther than you can (and some assessors don't need an excuse at all!).
  • april123
    april123 Community member Posts: 137 Pioneering
    If you can only walk 20 then need to stop tick that box 0/20. I ticked 20/50 then realized had to keep stopping every 15/20 due to chronic pain  and extremely slow. but don't go out on my own and use Fischer stick and husband's arm and hen drives me to all appointment. I should of ticked 0/20 in first place then I wouldn't of had to do MR and appeal. Luckily I pointed out ticked wrong box and used DWP guildlines in reliability they then realized considered and awarded correctly.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    susankay said:
    Hi sorry if this has been discussed before  just confused about walking distance . I have PN and am in pain 24\7, Do i say i cannot over 20 metres or say i can walk further, but in chronic pain. 
    How have you come about with suggesting 20 metres? Have you actually measured it? Are you suggesting that at 21 metres your are in chronic pain but not at 20 metres?

The way you have worded your question worries me and could well cause difficulties at your assessment.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.