Application passed on to capita — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Application passed on to capita

Options
steve0306
steve0306 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
edited August 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
just got a letter from capita saying dwp has passed application on to them 
do they contact all the medical people I provided doctor , pyhsio and well-being  centre, at this stage ,,, how long is it normally from this stage fior my assessment , thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,222 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

No, they very rarely contact anyone for evidence at any stage and the onus is on you to make sure that evidence is sent to support your claim.

Waiting times vary depending on backlog in your area. Some wait weeks while others wait months.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    steve0306 said:
    just got a letter from capita saying dwp has passed application on to them 
    do they contact all the medical people I provided doctor , pyhsio and well-being  centre, at this stage ,,, how long is it normally from this stage fior my assessment , thanks 
    The guidance that the assessor is required to work from does suggest that the assessor should do a lot more things than they do. They decide what they want to do and not what the guidance tells them to do.

Originally PIP was set up to get round this evidence problem. It was intentional that the claimant should only be asked to send in what evidence they had to hand. The claimant was not required to obtain anything that they already did not have at home AND they should not pay for any evidence.
    The onus was put on the assessor to apply for evidence. This was a change from how DLA worked. With DLA the best results came if you could provide the best evidence - money talked so to speak. PIP was set up to get rid of this and make it a level playing field for all.
    However bit by bit this has been turned on its head in that the claimant is to substantiate the claim with evidence even if they have to pay for it.
    They argue that if you want an award then it's your responsibility to prove why you should get it.

• steve0306
    Options
    They must contact the doctor to make sure u have a disability thought the doctor was sent a form pip assessment 
  • steve0306
    Options
    I have a letter that my physio sent to my doctor saying my walking has got worst and I need help with depression, plus I have a copy that my well-being health worker sent to my doctor of high rust anxiety and depression  , hope these will help 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    steve0306 said:
    They must contact the doctor to make sure u have a disability thought the doctor was sent a form pip assessment 
    No, they very rarely contact anyone for anything. If they do then it's rare.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • steve0306
    Options
    I have my physio report , so I need my doctors report is it just a matter of phoning up the GP asking for my medical history since my stroke or do the doctor Do a letter 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Asking for copies of your medical history takes time, this isn't something that can be done in a day. You can certainly ask your GP for a letter to support your claim but a lot of GPs refuse to write letters now. Those that will agree will most likely charge you a fee for writing the letter.
  • steve0306
    Options
    I have a letter from my physio that he sent my doctor saying I can only walk 10m plus a report from my physiological worker , do I need my medical notes from my stroke 4 years ago 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    steve0306 said:
    I have a letter from my physio that he sent my doctor saying I can only walk 10m 
    Not wanting to upset you, but I too had a report from the spinal unit at the hospital that following extensive testing on their in house walking machine I fell off twice at 10 & 12 metres. This was sent to the DWP but it made very little difference to what the assessor wrote and to what the DWP agreed with - that I could walk easily more than 200 metres - 0 points!!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.