Spinal stenosis any info — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Spinal stenosis any info

windsorboy
windsorboy Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi I am 62 years old,about a year ago I started to get excruciating pain in my right leg and lower back,it has been diagnosed as spinal stenosis at L4 ,I have had four episodes lasting on average two months each..I have been getting shuttled between the pain clinic and orthopaedics 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @windsorboy   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing. There will be members of our community who will be able to advise.

Have you seen our information on Dealing with Chronic Pain.  Also Talk about Specific Conditions.

Might be of use to you. Hope that helps.

We are friendly supportive community care and share.

Ask the community anything some one will be ready to listen.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • windsorboy
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @windsorboy and a very warm welcome to the community! Thank you for taking the time to share this with us all. I am sorry to hear that you are in a lot of pain. Has pain clinic worked at all? Please do have a look around and let us know if there is anything else that we can do :)
    Scope

• windsorboy
    Fortunately at present I am not in a lot of pain ,however I would be interested to know of anyone's experiences of non surgical treatment
  • windsorboy
    Hi Chloe I am actually much better at present,I had a private nerve desensitisation in February which worked like magic for two months then failed in Late April. From the end of May I have been doing some swimming / pool exercises which has helped but still very wary of lifting/pushing/sharp movements which could aggravate the condition.Saw the doctor at the pain clinic a while back but just referred me back to Orthopaedic surgeon.It's like a tennis match between the two departments.
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @windsorboy,

Sorry to hear about the issues you've been having, but I'm glad that you're not in a lot of pain at present.

I've moved this post into our Dealing with chronic pain category, where other members of our community may be able to offer some advice and support.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, then please do get in touch!
    Liam
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @windsorboy, I am sorry to hear this but glad you seem to be doing a little better at the moment. I can definitely relate to it being a tennis match? I know swimming is meant to be really good! 
    Scope

Brightness