Pip planning and following a journey — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip planning and following a journey

Options
petitegal
petitegal Community member Posts: 10 Listener
If this is a mobility task then why do they give me 0 points. I have difficulty walking outdoors i use a stick and link my mum whenever we go out. Otherwise i am stuck in the house. I get anxiety and do not leave the house without another person due to this but only on sertraline 50mg so they say i dont have mental health problems. Any advice. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Following and planning a journey isn't for those with physical disabilities. It's for those with mental health and learning disabilities. If you don't go out alone because of your anxiety then you need to explain why you need someone with you and what will happen if you go out alone. Have you been refused PIP or had a recent award and you're not happen with the decision?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • petitegal
    petitegal Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    Yes i did a MR and got no extra points. Im getting standard for both. Care and mobility. 10 points on each. I just dont understand whennits mobility it should be about physical problems.  Thanks for your reply
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The mobility part is for those with mental health and physical mobility conditions because there's 2 descriptors following and planning a journey and moving around part. The moving around part is for those with physical conditions, not following and planning a journey.

If you suffer with anxiety it will totally depend how it affects your ability to go out alone. I'd advise you to get further advice from your local CAB regarding this and they will also be able to help you with a Tribunal request should you decide to go down that route. Less than 20% of MR decisions change.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    petitegal said:
     only on sertraline 50mg so they say i dont have mental health problems. 
    That seems reasonable from a DWP point of view. Amongst all of the medication I take for mental health reasons I too am on Sertraline. My dosage is 150mg a day.

According to the DWP that as well as the others are all low dosages and that following the Mental Health assessment they have concluded that I do not suffer from any form of mental health.

• atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Yadnad

Sorry to hear that you did not succeed in your claim for PIP, based on your prescribed medication of Sertraline per 150 mg dosage (for your information these are SSRIs).

What other prescribed medication, where you taking at the time of your application?

I would suggest that you seek the assistance of the Mind helpline tel: 0300 123 3393, this would enable you to review your position, that you are indeed, are entitled to PIP.

Keep us informed, how you get on.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2018
    Options
    atlas46 said:
    Hi @Yadnad

Sorry to hear that you did not succeed in your claim for PIP, based on your prescribed medication of Sertraline per 150 mg dosage (for your information these are SSRIs).

What other prescribed medication, where you taking at the time of your application?

I would suggest that you seek the assistance of the Mind helpline tel: 0300 123 3393, this would enable you to review your position, that you are indeed, are entitled to PIP.

Keep us informed, how you get on.
    Priadel (Lithium Carbonate) 800mg a day
    Sertraline 150mg a day

Both have been prescribed by the consultant psychiatrist. 

Speaking to Mind or indeed any other agency would not make any difference as the decision of the MR was over 4 months ago and I did not apply to go for an appeal.
  • Castleford1
    Castleford1 Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
    Options
    My daughter was awarded 12 points for this descriptor. It's not just about physical mobility, it's about mental capacity.  My daughter does not have mental capacity to plan or follow a journey on her own and certainly not safely as she has no road sense, would wander off and would go off with anyone who approached her.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.