I won my PIP appeal but now they say they haven't made a decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I won my PIP appeal but now they say they haven't made a decision

Options
gemzie
gemzie Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited August 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi just looking for some help..I won my pip appeal on 30th July 2018 I called today to ask for an update and they guy said pip received the decision on July 17th but how can that be when my appeal wasn't until the 30th july and he then said they still havent made a decision...has anyone else had this problem

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @gemzie   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing. I am not too sure of an answer.

I am sure a member of our team or community might try to resolve your problem.

Understand how hard and difficult this can be. Having been through the whole PIP process.

I wonder if it is worth speaking to CAB . They have a lot of knowledge of benefits and advice and information.

I wanted to add we are a supportive, friendly community.

Lots of advice, information and new friends.

Ask the community anything.  Some one will know.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @gemzie and a warm welcome to the community. Congratulations on winning your appeal! I hope you get some answers soon, did you receive a confirmation letter of you winning the appeal?
    If you need anything else then please do not hesitate to ask!
    Scope

• gemzie
    Options
    Hi yes I got the outcome of the appeal on the same day the judge asked me to wait outside for five minutes then callede back in and gave me the papers with the decision
  • gemzie
    Options
    I called them back and now they changed the story and said they received the judges outcome on the 31st the day after...I don't think they know what their doing 
  • Peasmold_01
    Peasmold_01 Community member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Good morning, I won my appeal for enhanced mobility on 16 August 2018. I was informed that the DWP would receive an email that day. Just to confirm I telephoned the DWP on Friday 17th August, they had already updated my records, and were working on the repayment of the arrears. One reason the DWP may not confirm that you won at the tribunal is they are contemplating an appeal themselves. The DWP have a month in which to appeal to the Upper Tribunal. However, this is only on a matter of law. Not on the decision per se. Thus, if the tribunal ignored a ruling by The Upper Tribunal, the DWP can, and do appeal. I would telephone the DWP again, and ask them to (1) to confirm they have received the Tribunal's decision (2) ask if they appealing that decision (3) on what grounds (4) you require their decision to appeal in writing. May I add this comment? If you can, try and obtain help from a local free legal centre. If you live near a University that has a Law School, they invariably have a free advice service, and on some occasions will provide a a solicitor (pro bono) to present your case. Good luck.
                                      (Only Humans Blush, Or Need to!)
  • gemzie
    Options
    Thanks for the advice I will give them a call today..at my tribunal even the pip representative said she can't understand why they stopped my money when I'm insulin dependent diabetic I've had a kidney transplant which is now in the rejection stage so I'm back on the transplant list...I have peripheral vascular disease in both legs plus Charcot foot so the bones are soft and break a lot and I had an operation in may to cut out a chunk ofy foot as an ulcer got infected and I got sepsis I also had a stroke 7 years ago when I was 26 but according to the assessor she sees no reason why I require personal care or mobility...the judge in court disagreed straight away and so did the pip representative...they drag their heels a lot and I've made three calls so far without been given any answers..it's three weeks today since my tribunal and heard nothing from them at all other than me calling them
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @gemzie, how are you getting on?

Did you manage to give them a ring? The number to enquire about ongoing PIP claims is 0800 121 4433, which may be worth a try! :)
    Liam
  • gemzie
    Options
    Hi yes I've called then on three separate occasions and they just keep tellinge they haven't made a decision just yet 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.