What is Life without Love — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What is Life without Love

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    The disability should not stop you from losing or be lobed by someone. 
    My best friend is a single for most of her life and she is strong, healthy woman. 
    You just need to keep your heart and eyes open until you will spot the right match for yourself. Perhaps the right one will spot you first. Good Luck. 

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 90 Listener
    maybe because they are looking in the wrong places  and depends on disability but in life there is someone for everyone

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 19 Connected
  • [Deleted User]
    sani said:
    @sweet, @iza, thanks for the encouragement , but sorry to ask is this group really for disabled? the faces i am seeing do not look like disabled hope i am not in the wrong place?

could you tell us what your disability is as from profile you look normal to me ??re your point faces look normal

• [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2018
    sani said:
    @sweet I am healthy health wise my challenged is after my sickness 2015, my walking status was affected ie i can not walk long distance except the use of wheelchair.
    ahh right sani said:
    @sweet I am healthy health wise my challenged is after my sickness 2015, my walking status was affected ie i can not walk long distance except the use of wheelchair.
      sani said:
    there are plenty of groups or si tes were you could meet someone and gain freinds who may suffer the same disability 

• [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
    being single is not easy these days nor is getting afection we can only wait till we find it and sometimes in the most odd places
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
    welcome  and we look forward to chatting with you
  • Markmywords
    Markmywords Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    It's human nature unfortunately. Perceived "defects" are to be avoided.

As I limp when I walk along the pavement, or move around a shop or sit in a cafe, people will actively move away.

Speaking only for my circumstances, since my ex. dumped me because she didn't want to deal with it and I am middle-aged, I'm not even going to try to meet someone again.

You have a lot going for you @sani . Try to avoid telling anyone about your problems unless you have to. If they get to know you first they might be more inclined to get close.
  • MKMale
    MKMale Community member Posts: 24 Courageous
    edited August 2018
    Hello @sani
    I wish I knew the answer but it is something that I have noticed myself. Since I became ill no one is interested in any sort of relationship with me. Like yourself I have mobility problems and also like yourself I don't look sick... But I do use walking sticks for long distances. Just because we have health problems doesn't stop us from loving and being loved ! 
    I hope today finds you a little better today than yesterday.
    Blessings Be
    Drew 
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • MKMale
    MKMale Community member Posts: 24 Courageous
    No need to thank me @sani
  • iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    Hi @sani, I need apologies for my spelling mistake in my first comment. So far no one really spot them yet :) .  I do have hidden disability or how other like to call invisible disability. I look normal but I have damaged trigeminal nerve in my face and I do suffer from trigeminal neuropathic facial pains. My life changed lots  and my last 5 years  are very different from my previous years ( it is very long story). 
    However, think positively. If talking to others about your illness make feel you good. Do it. Do not stop. It takes for some people to understand somebody's medical condition years. I just notice that after good few years some mum's from my son school just stop looking at me as an alien. They just learnt that my life is slightly different from theirs and nothing will change it. Have a great day. 

Brightness