My pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My pip

veevee
veevee Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi...i have received the pip form to fill in when I'm awarded till September 2019 I've not even had it for 12 months yet ..please tell me why as I'm finding this stressful an thank you ...

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there @veevee, you can be reviewed 1 year earlier then it says on the award letter. This is standard practice, I think.

Youl need to complete the form if you still need to put a claim in.

hope that help
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,332 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    Yes susan is correct PIP awards are reviewed 1 year before they are due to end. The form does need to be returned by the date stated in the letter. 14 days extra time can be given, if needed, you just need to ring DWP and ask for the extension.

Don't be fooled by the shortened version of the form, if you tick no change you'll be sent for another assessment, for sure. You need to put as much information down as possible and send support evidence with the form. They rarely contact anyone for evidence. Expect another face 2 face assessment because most people have them. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    Don't be fooled by the shortened version of the form, if you tick no change you'll be sent for another assessment, for sure. You need to put as much information down as possible and send support evidence with the form. They rarely contact anyone for evidence. Expect another face 2 face assessment because most people have them. Good luck.
    Absolutely the review is treated as a new claim. The decision you will get will probably be different from the one you are now receiving , that is if you are unlucky. 

I always (three times) went from receiving Enhanced Mobility & Care to 0 points each time.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.