Requesting PIP assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Requesting PIP assessment

Options
JazCo
JazCo Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
So Independent Assessment Service (previously Atos) claim that you CANNOT request a copy of you're assessment report before there has been a decision made. This is the opposite of what I have read everywhere.

However, when I google this, I cannot find anything about WHEN you can request it re before a decision has been made, on any official site like gov.co.uk

Can anyone shed some light on this?

I know I ring the DWP for it, not Atos. And I know many have requested theirs as early as the day AFTER their interview. However, for my own reassurance, if I ring up and am challenged about this, I'd like to quote an official source that says I am entitled to request it before the decision has been made.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Usually i advise about a week after the assessment. This allows time for both copies of the report to be returned to DWP. The paper based copy can take a few days after the digital one and they won't send a copy to you until then.

Some will refuse to send it out, others will happily agree. I've experienced 3 PIP assessments, 2 for myself and 1 for my daughter (im her appointee) i was never refused for either of mine. When i cane to my daughter i was told i couldn't have it until after the decision was made, i knew this wasnt true so said "thank you" put the phone down and imedicately rang straight back. Spoke to someone different who happily agreed to send it. 3-4 days later i received the report in the post. Good luck with yours.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Shlbly
    Shlbly Community member Posts: 136 Pioneering
    Options
    I received a copy of my report today, no decision has been made yet.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Adding up the points in the boxes with dots or ticks using the PIP descriptors will tell you what score is recommended, for any award. Usually they go with the report and award like for like. God luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Shlbly
    Shlbly Community member Posts: 136 Pioneering
    Options
    Adding up the points in the boxes with dots or ticks using the PIP descriptors will tell you what score is recommended, for any award. Usually they go with the report and award like for like. God luck.
    21 and 16 compared to 8 and 10 last year when I went from high rate DLA.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.