Home F2F by capita — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Home F2F by capita

steve0306
steve0306 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
got my home assessment through today , a home assessment by capita  sept 3rd, do they check every room , what sort of things do they do , any help welcomed 

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Some do and some don't. but they will either ask permission to look or more likely ask you to show them.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,342 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

When my daughter had her home assessment for PIP they didn't check any room but he doesn't claim for physical conditions but i'm fairly sure they don't ask to check rooms for anything.

They will ask you questions based on the descriptors and how your conditions affect you. You should try to answer with as much detail as possible and try to avoid answering with just a yes or no. If you have someone that can be there during the assessment then this can often help but you'll have to answer all those questions yourself, unless they are your appointee. Hope it goes well for you, good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Hi,

When my daughter had her home assessment for PIP they didn't check any room but he doesn't claim for physical conditions but i'm fairly sure they don't ask to check rooms for anything.

They will ask you questions based on the descriptors and how your conditions affect you. You should try to answer with as much detail as possible and try to avoid answering with just a yes or no. If you have someone that can be there during the assessment then this can often help but you'll have to answer all those questions yourself, unless they are your appointee. Hope it goes well for you, good luck.
    It is not unkown for two assessors to do a home assessment - a trainer and a trainee. I have read in the past that one of them may take an interest in how the room is laid out etc and may well ask to see the kitchen/lounge etc which is in the next room.
    It is not unknown for an assessor to ask if they can use the bathroom. The claimant can take them to it or just point/direct.
  • SugarCoated
    SugarCoated Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
    I had a home assessment, the guy was 10 minutes early and apologised saying if it was a problem he could come back at 9am. He didn't ask for any identification or prescription list. Just asked questions asked permission for a medical examination. He never asked to see any part of the house. 
  • zuchon1975
    zuchon1975 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    I had my assessment last Friday by Capita at home and the didn’t ask to see in any rooms. Just asked questions about the layout of the bathroom put did not ask to see it. 
  • Yadnad
     Just asked questions about the layout of the bathroom put did not ask to see it. 
    A very believing and trusting individual might I say. Not many assessors will take the word of the claimant as being fully truthful.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.