Had my pip assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Had my pip assessment

Options
SugarCoated
SugarCoated Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
Hello everyone, I had my pip assessment today, it was a home visit.
The guy seemed nice and tried holding a conversation with me explaining what he was going to do and what he required from me. He had a laptop and also had notes written on a notebook. I answered all his questions as best as I could. He talked me through each stage. Even the medical. Said it looked like I was eligible for pip i won't hold my breath.  Looked like he had done his research my condition isn't very well known. Can someone please help me in what happen's next and what I should do, or expect. It's my 1st pip claim.
 Thank you for taking time to read my msg.

Comments

• SugarCoated
    Options
    When is the best time to ask for the report? And how do I get in touch with them? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,051 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Give it about a week and you ring DWP for the report. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pin
    Pin Community member Posts: 139 Pioneering
    Options
    I’m glad your assessment went well, now you have to wait unfortunately. You can call up and ask for a copy of the report once you get a text saying the DWP have received it.
    good luck. 
  • SugarCoated
    Options
    Hello everyone
    I got a text message today from Dwp saying they had received my written report and would write to me once they had made a decision and it would take around 4 weeks. As my assessment was on Monday is it OK to ring in tomorrow to ask for a copy of the report or is that too soon?  Thank you 
  • Pin
    Pin Community member Posts: 139 Pioneering
    Options
    If they’ve got your report you can Phone.

it could take more or less than 4 weeks - it was exactly 4 weeks after my assessment that I got my letter but lots of people have said they have waited longer.
  • SugarCoated
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all the help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.