secretary of states response to submitted evidence — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

secretary of states response to submitted evidence

Options
JamieLeeSAMPLE
JamieLeeSAMPLE Community member Posts: 24 Courageous
hello all got letter from the tribunal with evidence from the dwp stating that my 3 years of medical evidence does not prove i have limiting factors to change there decision i was confused thinking that the tribunal did not go in my favour but was reassured this was evidence to support the dwps claim. the question is this normal for the dwp? and should be worried. i also submitted a evidence from the  nurses medical register stating the assessor was  a gp nurse not trained in mental health.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,025 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's perfectly normal. The DWP will be giving their reasons why they don't think you're entitled, in the same way you'll give your reasons why you think you're entitled.

The Tribunal will not be interested in anything to do with the assessor not being registered. You need to concentrate on sending evidence with the reasons why you think you're entitled.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • JamieLeeSAMPLE
    JamieLeeSAMPLE Community member Posts: 24 Courageous
    Options
    thanks for the advice the the nurse thing was to state she was not qulifed to make an assment on mental health thus weekening her evidence.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    They don't need to be qualified to do an assessment. What you need to do is concentrate on which group you think you should be in and why. Then prove the reasons why you think you should be in that group with evidence to support your claim. It's up to you to prove this and not the Tribunal or DWP. I'd advise you to get some help from either your local CAB or other disability advice centre near you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Paulbam
    Paulbam Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hi just a quick question would pulmonary rehabilitation satisfy the pip descriptor regarding supervised therapy. Dwp are a complete shambles and sometimes i struggle to keep fighting
  • poppy123456
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Therapy has to be done in your own home and has to be prescribed or  recommended by either a nurse, registered doctor, pharmacist or health professional. If you go outside of your home for the appointment then it doesn't count for the descriptors.
  • Paulbam
    Options
    Thank you poppy all this is so confusing
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No problem. Which is why it's always better to get help from someone that understands the descriptors and what they mean. Your local welfare rights or other disability advice centre near you.
  • Paulbam
    Options
    Thank you again poppy for your help just to let you know I had a tribunal yesterday and was awarded enhanced on mobility and care. This was another bad decision from the dwp who only awarded me 6 points for care and 4 points for mobility

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.