How can I record my PIP assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How can I record my PIP assessment?

Options
cognitvelychallenged
cognitvelychallenged Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited August 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi there, im judt new to this forum.i have a pip assessment coming up soon.im just waiting on the appoimtment coming through.when it does ive to contact the independant assessment services(the company doin assessmen)and tell them i need it recorded.id love to br the one recordingvit but i dont have a recorder that could onstantly give them a copy.i only have a wee dictaphone.can any9ne siggest where i could gey one of these from??i absolutely cannot stand these assessments, they make me physically ill.i got a text message yesterdayg telling me i need to go for a assessment.i never slept a wink with sheer anxiety just thinking about it.i have cancer related cognitive dysfunction/cancer related deme tia. and a whole host of other medical conditions.answeing questions on the spot and giving the acvurat answer is one of the worst things i need to live with cause my brain doesnt give me infornation when im needing it to plus i need time to process whays actually beingvasked then i need time to try and think of the correct answer.i wont gey time do do this.these assedsments involve ask8ng me litsbof questions, this is one of thie most stressful things i go through in life.even though i know i fit everu criteria to get this benefitand am honest aboit my dissabilities, i cant help feel like its bloody court im going to!!i just cant explain how bad these things make me feel! Im sure theres plenty out there who feel the same about these awful things.i will be taking my carer and my husband(whos my carer when the official carers arent here) to this.im utterly dreading it!!
Wow !message finally finished (been typing this outver3hrs)????brutal, anythingcthat involves having to use me brain(cognition) is alwaus a lengthy process.anyway any help bout wjere can get a recorder from would be greatly appreciated.
Tracy
?

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cognitvelychallenged

Good Afternoon & Welcome it’s great to meet you today!!!!!

Yes I do know where you are coming from as I have the same problems.

Sorry but do you have a local “CAB” as they will be the ones to help/advice you?????

We have got a “helpline”  0808 800 3333 which is also a good place to start????

Please please come back to me if you have any problems!!!!!!!
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cognitvelychallenged and thank you very much for taking the time to write this- we really appreciate that! There will be a lot of people on the community who will be able to relate to your worries and experiences. The community is here to support you and we with you the very best of luck with your claim. I am sure the community will be able to offer some advice based on their experiences. If you need anything at all then please do not hesitate to be in touch!
    Scope

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Unfortunately if this is for PIP then they don't record the assessment for you. You can record it yourself but you'll need permission to do this. You will need to use the appropriate recording devices such as a CD or tape recorder. You must produce 2 identical copies and 1 copy must be handed in at the end of the assessment. As you need to produce 2 identical copies then this means that you'll have to buy 2 of everything so you can record the assessment correctly. You also need to give 3 working days notice if you wish to record your assessment.

Dictaphones/laptops and mobile phones are not allowed to be used for recording assessments.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.