Switched to PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Switched to PIP

ellie53
ellie53 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello been ion DLA for 14   years but switched iver to pip ,droped one of my rates ,so the lady that helped me with the form sent off for next step ( can't remember what it's called now ) ,after 8 wks called thm today ,still on same rate ,called the lady who helped me to get appeal going but is on holiday till next wk ,so worried of how long it'll take before I get hearing ,meantime health issues way down ,so is the money side of it ,I live in Cambridge ,does anyone know wait time in East Anglia please ,thanks 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome , this is a to often common complaint of people moving from DLA to PIP. The criteria for the two benefits is so different DLA is a about your illness, disability whereas PIP is about your abilities to do activities and your mobility. As you state you are applying to take your case to appeal expect a wait of months not weeks for a date. The appeal will only look at the evidence that was given used at your acessment regardless if your conditions have worsened. Good luck and keep posting.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    ellie53 said:
    Hello been ion DLA for 14   years but switched iver to pip ,droped one of my rates ,so the lady that helped me with the form sent off for next step ( can't remember what it's called now ) ,after 8 wks called thm today ,still on same rate ,called the lady who helped me to get appeal going but is on holiday till next wk ,so worried of how long it'll take before I get hearing ,meantime health issues way down ,so is the money side of it ,I live in Cambridge ,does anyone know wait time in East Anglia please ,thanks 
    As most people know, I had DLA High Mobility & Care indefinitely from 1995. I moved over to PIP in 2013 and was offered the huge award of 0 points!
    After a fight it eventually went up to Enhanced Mobility & Care, but two years later after a review it went back down to 0 points. Another fight and eventually it went back up to Enhanced Mobility & Care. A further two years down the line and after a third re-assessment it went back down to 0 points.

So what has happened to you has happened to many people who were previously receiving DLA only to find that they don't qualify for PIP.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.