I SCORED 15 POINTS ONLY ADVICE NEEDED — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I SCORED 15 POINTS ONLY ADVICE NEEDED

Lynette1066
Lynette1066 Community member Posts: 47 Connected
I asked DWP for all my paperwork under Freedom of Information Act. Pleased I have done as this has included, my medical assessment report. The doctor has only given myself 15 points, totally ignored GP letter. But it has given me the warning WRAG group.

Expected Change, I advise that work could be considered within 12 months. I have not heard from DWP yet. Can someone advise me on the next step, in regards what to expect in Jobcentre etc.
I thought due to this I would have had DWP letter etc.

Comments

• Lynette1066
    I have decision makers score sheet and it is 15 points should I appeal?
  • Ripples
    Ripples Community member Posts: 189 Pioneering
    @Lynette1066 What is it that you actually want to appeal against as you have 15 points which qualifies you for the WRAG?  You have to wait for the decision maker to contact you with what they have decided to do with your claim before you can appeal a decision. The assessment report is purely that, DWP will use it  with other factors to decide what award you will get.
  • Lynette1066
    Ok thanks. I did call DWP and spoke to call handler, who has left notes for DWP decision maker. When I explained medic had totally not taken in consideration GP letter of support and any additional pressures on her would be detrimental to my health. The call handler, said ok, I see it, then started typing and I also gave him the points I would do M R. etc. So now a follow up letter in what I did say today.
    One good thing maybe the decision maker has not decided yet. So fingers crossed.
    The assessment report states a lot of details but basically only giving the minimum points to get ESA. I am hoping that someone might see it and state ok. But at least I can print off the M R form and get it ready. etc Get ready for jobcentre and adviser etc. Start to know my rights etc. I am pleased I did ask under Freedom Act for this information. Sort of helped in a strange way.
    I am at least expecting work ready group, and anything extra a bonus.

• Ripples
    Ripples Community member Posts: 189 Pioneering
    @Lynette1066 I would get until you get a decision. If you decide to perform a MR after that you have to be aware that a MR or indeed an appeal can have three results which are you stay where you are, you get put into a higher group ( support), or you  get found fit for work. If you can positively illustrate that you meet the criteria for the support group may colour your decision to appeal.
  • Lynette1066
    I did not know that an M R can mean also a reduction to a lower group and fit for work. So this I think needs to be taken into consideration. I think the letter that my GP has given, that the medical assessment has not paid any attention to, should do the trick if I need an M R. Thanks
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You'll need to wait for the decision before asking for the MR, if this is what you plan on doing. First though you need to take a look at the Support Group descriptors to see which, if any apply to you. Being placed into this group isn't about scoring points, it's about satisfying at least one of the descriptors here.

Reg 35 is also access into the Support Group and this is explained here.

Less than 20% of MR decisions change, so most end up taking it to Tribunal. I'd advise getting further advice regarding this because there's no point asking for the MR if none of the descriptors apply to you. Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lynette1066
    edited August 2018
    Thanks for that information as it is critical. My GP letter supports Reg 35.
    Plus the descriptors do apply to myself. Tomorrow, I must sit and read them correctly and draft an M R letter, for when DWP makes a decision.
    If an  M R is it best to Quote Reg 35? when filling in the form?
    Thanks for the help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, stating the reasons why you think reg 35 applies to you is the best way to do your MR letter. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.