Pip report ?!?! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip report ?!?!

winnie44
winnie44 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi 
just received my report it shows 4 points for care 4 for mobility ?
confused by the back page where it says review in one year what does this mean? 

Comments

• winnie44
    I’ve just Called and the pip guy says that the report shows it should be given for one year even though I don’t have enough points. He says the decision maker could go against this! 
    Is this true 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Effectively what it is saying is that if you had been given an award it would have to be for a year. As you don't have the points needed then it is done and dusted from their point of view.
    Normally the DWP just follow what the assessor says.

• winnie44
    Hi Yadnad 
    Thanks for explaining, so it’s very unlikely I will be awarded? 
  • winnie44
    looks like I will need to do an MR 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    winnie44 said:
    Hi Yadnad 
    Thanks for explaining, so it’s very unlikely I will be awarded? 
    If what you have calculated is correct then yes it is unlikely that you will get any award. You need a minimum of 8 points overall in any of the two elements, care or mobility.

If you do go for a MR, make sure you can address where the DWP have gone wrong and you must identify where you will pick up at least another 4 points per element and provide the evidence for your argument.

• winnie44
    Thanks I will do, the stress is awful x 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.