MR - do people get their decision changed? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

MR - do people get their decision changed?

Options
jules13
jules13 Community member Posts: 63 Connected
evening everyone, just a wonder, I’m currently in the process of sorting out my appeal starting with my MR. Just wondering do they actually ever change their decision? Just read online that it’s a low percentage that they do change their mind? Kinda makes you think what’s the point in the MR ? Surly it could just go to the next step x

Comments

• Pin
    Pin Community member Posts: 139 Pioneering
    Options
    I’ve read on hear the percentage is 20% - but not sure if that includes those which go down.
  • Lorry
    Lorry Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I went to MR and nothing changed, I'm now going to tribunal (but it has taken a year to get a date).  I now have letters from my doctor and consultant supporting my claim...
  • jules13
    jules13 Community member Posts: 63 Connected
    Options
    Thanks for responding! It’s a hard one isn’t it? I have a friend that used to be a assessor and she has taken a look at my paper work and says my report isn’t consistent, it also states I can’t do certain things but then they haven’t given me the points to tally with that section. Also with the mobility I have been awarded 10 points that I can walk 20 but no more than 50 metres but in my assessment I explained to the lady I walk 20metres into my doctors surgery but within that I have to stop, my knee burns and it gives way and I’m in pain so this wouldn’t be something I could do regularly in one day and wouldn’t be able to do it safely if I didn’t have my crutches or someone with me as my knee gives way on me so much, just wondering if it’s even worth trying to get it changed xx
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have had three decisions in the past 5 years that said I wasn't entitled to anything. I did a MR for all three, the first two they changed the award to Enhanced Care & Mobility, the third refused to change anything.

So 2 out 3 changed at MR stage.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.