Need advice — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need advice

Options
marie1966xxxx
marie1966xxxx Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I get high care and mobility which is awarded till August 2019 but says on letter will review me after August 24th 2018.
The mobility car ends in December. My daughter is named driver as I do not drive and so many hospital appointments..I'm stressing so much because I don't know if I can go pick a different car as it states on letter to be reviewed anytime after August 24 2018. Plus car I have now my daughter struggles putting my tripod in has boot not big. Had 3 wheel walker about 7 months 
I really don't know what to do about all this and it's really stressing me out. Plus my blue badge runs out November 
Anyone advice please

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,021 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    For your PIP review you should expect to receive the PIP review forms anytime now. These will need to be filled in and returned along with all your evidence by the date stated on the letter. You'll need to put as much info on the forms as possible and don't be fooled by the shortened version of the form.

Motability will contact you 3 months before the lease on your current car ends but to be able to choose another car you must have at least 12 months remaining on your PIP award. As you say your current lease on your car ends in December then this means it will be September that motability are due to contact you. If a decision hasn't been made on your PIP review by this time then you won't be able to go ahead and choose another car until you know the decision on the review. If you're awarded the Enhanced mobility again then you'll be able to go ahead and choose your next car.

Good luck with the review.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • marie1966xxxx
    marie1966xxxx Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for answering and telling about the shorter version. I wouldn't of put everything again has thought they go by last form. Really grateful for that advice. Guess just wait for the dreaded form. Thanks again
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Also your Blue Badge renewal cannot be applied for under the automatic rules if you get less than 8 points for moving around with the review.
    You will have to apply using the council's discretion which seems to be extremely difficult to get through so I read. 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A friend of mine tried three times to get a blue badge had the acessments but was refused a friend of the applicant a health OT wrote on the fourth form and a blue badge was isswith out a further acessment, it look as if it’s who you know because the person walks unaided and freely.

Brightness