Struggling to get suitable housing — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Struggling to get suitable housing

tchp
tchp Community member Posts: 2 Connected
I agree with the smi loan comments. My property is in serious negative equity, about a fith of my mortgage and my children will be in debt after I died. I cannot sell it and it is far too small and not adapted to my needs as a disabled person. I am left high and dry as the smi does not cover my full mortgage interest. I could get a free council house if I did not commit the crime of wanting to own my own house. I have no hope or advice, we are now stuck in our 2 bedroom house with 3 kids of different sexes between the ages of 9 and 16, in one bedroom and nobody cares. The lender pounds me for the difference in interest. Hope the same does not happen to the people who brought this upon us. I was told if I give it back to the bank, I would be making myself homeless and will not qualify for a council house.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tchp
    Welcome to the community! Sorry to hear about your current situation, unfortunately I don't know any advice to give you, hopefully other members may be able to help :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tchp and a very warm welcome to the community. Thank you for taking the time to share this with us all. Have you been in contact with Shelter? They may be able to help you get suitable housing. I hope the community is able to help too. If you need anything else then please do not hesitate to be in touch!
    Scope

Brightness