Hi, my name is lollaubla! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is lollaubla!

lollaubla
lollaubla Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited August 2018 in Start here and say hello!

Comments

• lollaubla
    edited August 2018
  • lollaubla
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lollaubla
    Welcome to the community! Would you mind telling us a bit about yourself?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • lollaubla
    Hi pip lied about me too, I have requested my medical notes and I am going to go to the papers with this to see if they’re interested as I can prove they lied. I suffer from anxiety and depression and fighting pip, filling out forms, going to tribunals isn’t ok for me so they have used my illness to their advantage. How is this ok? people are allowed to work and get pip. I can’t work but can’t get pip because I’m able to use a mobile phone! I self harmed as she was walking up my stairs and when she asked the last time I showed her and said now. No anxiety noted! Who self harms without anxiety??? I dread to leave the house and stay in for weeks at a time without bathing or taking any nutrients. I attack myself and cut my arms, I get angry and sad and so low all the time, daily! I’ve google fast painless ways to kill myself and it’s a constant fight but because I’m aware of what is wrong with me I’m left to my own devices. I’ve been trained, I looked after young people in care, I know I’m not ok but there’s no help to be had I’m on standard universal credit and can’t afford to keep the roof over my head. Everyday I ask myself what is the point of living?! My doctor wasn’t any help either, nor the mental health team who just let me go when I was “next on the list”! There is no help for me from anywhere! 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lollaubla
    Thank you for opening up about this, I can only imagine how difficult this is for you. I wish I knew what to do to help but unfortunately I don't, however other members may be able to help you. ESA turned me down because I was able to stand and bend despite having severe anxiety and depression and I was petrified of being on my own yet they didn't take that into account. It angers me that just because some of our disabilities/illnesses are not physically evident does not mean they don't have a massive impact on our daily lives. Due to more conditions surfacing I had to apply for PIP and my disabilities were clear that I could not do anything at all. I'm not on here every second of the day but I check it regularly throughout the day so if you ever need a friend then I'm here, we are all here for you and we will do our best to give you the best advice and tips.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lollaubla and a very warm to the community! I am really sorry to hear this. You are able to appeal your PIP decision and may have more luck with this. Many community members have gone through the appeal process so would be able to support you through this. I am sorry to hear about your mental health. Have you contacted MIND or Samaritans? They both provide mental health support which could be really beneficial when you are feeling like self- harming. Thank you for using the community and I hope to see you around. If you need anything else then please do not hesitate to be in touch. 
    Scope

• Mumof2ds
    Mumof2ds Community member Posts: 147 Pioneering
    Welcome aboard, and I am still awaiting the process of my PIP, and awaiting an assessment date etc, so cantc advise you anything other than, be kind to yourself and if you are anywhere near Kent, I found an amazing mental health charity locally called Think Action, I self referred, via the doctor and have had CBT in the past, and just finished six weeks of counselling to help my ability to  cope day to day. 

I hope everything works out for you. 
    P X 
    Politeness costs nothing, but goes a long way in life. 
     Always look out for each other. Be kind. 
     Hugs and smiles mean the world. XX 

Brightness