Employment wages and ESA, please help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Employment wages and ESA, please help

vee1975
vee1975 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi really need some advice 
I currently been of work since July last year and my work stopped paying me in January this year and told me to seek help with benefits which after 4months I got help bit then last year I wasn't informed or any thing I got money in my account from my account which I thought was a tax rebate then I receive a pay slip saying I was receiving legal general payments I contacted my payroll and ask why I wasn't notified and they confirmed 50% of my wages I notified benefits I getting income related esa since April oh and carers allowance anyone can advice me the switch board was team said that they didn't know 

Comments

• vee1975
    Last week I just had my first meeting with esa to show all medical reports for was continue 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @vee1975 and a very warm welcome to the community. Thank you for taking the time to share this with us all. I hope someone in the community is able to support you with this. 
    Scope

• brighid
    brighid Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Are you sure it's income related esa? If you've been working you could be entitled to contributions based which isn't affected if you're getting wages ( as long as they don't include ssp). Otherwise I think you've done the right thing, informed benefits, but it's likely you'll have to pay back any over payment...
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    It could be worth you speaking to the CAB?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    If the money you're receiving from your employer is more than £120 per week after deductions then you'll need to report this to carers allowance because it will affect this. Those that earn more than £120 per week after deductions are not eligible to claim carers allowance. Any overpayment will need to be repaid. You must also report all changes in circumstances. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • vee1975
    I'm not earning I'm off sick I have been since last July this is an insurance from work 
  • vee1975
    I was only notified at the end of July when I received a payment in my account 
  • vee1975
    I just really worried no one seems to know anything 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Any income you receive whether it's from working or an insurance can affect some benefits you claim. It depends what exactly this insurance is, how much it is, how often it's paid to you and what benefits you claim...ESA, housing benefit, council tax reduction? Speak to your local CAB who will advise you further. Any change of circumstance must always be reported to DWP and your local council if council tax reduction and housing benefit is being claimed. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.