Standard rate no mobility — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Standard rate no mobility

Options
Maddison69
Maddison69 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
hi there so I have just rang pip up I have been given standard rate no mobility , not sure whether to just except or go further with it , man on phone said back payment will be in bank on the 30 this month so not sure if I appeal it they will not pay back date money , and would I still get paid in mean time this is first time I’ve claimed so unsure what to do , could really do with the back date money was hoping it would go in earlier to be truthful instead of waiting a week for it any help would be great ? 

Comments

• blitzy123
    blitzy123 Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
    Options
    im sure you would still get your pip in the meantime  while your appeal went throu as you have been awarded it   
  • Maddison69
    Options
    Ok thanks will have a think , would any one else no as I’ve been told and don’t no wether it’s correct that if myself a parent gets pip and we receive tax credits that they have to be informed also , my son receives pip also and I’m his carer and he gets the disability element of tax credits into it Aswell . Someone said they it should go up now that I get it but don’t want to look stupid on phone , I’ve never heard of it before so I don’t no , all I no is they award you more tax credits when a child receives flash or pip thanks 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You will still receive your current PIP award while you appeal.  I don't know about the other benefits.  Try to get some f2f advice from CAB or similar, or local authority welfare rights.  These organisations should also be able to help with the appeal.

Disability Rights UK has a good guide to PIP appeals.

The first stage of appeal is mandatory reconsideration (MR).

advice now.org.uk/pip-tool

will generate an MR submission letter.
  • Maddison69
    Options
    Thankyou hun I’ll wait for letter to arrive first and go from there just don’t no wether I can be doing with all the stress again , ??
  • blitzy123
    Options
    Ok thanks will have a think , would any one else no as I’ve been told and don’t no wether it’s correct that if myself a parent gets pip and we receive tax credits that they have to be informed also , my son receives pip also and I’m his carer and he gets the disability element of tax credits into it Aswell . Someone said they it should go up now that I get it but don’t want to look stupid on phone , I’ve never heard of it before so I don’t no , all I no is they award you more tax credits when a child receives flash or pip thanks 
    im not sure of this but i didnt think you could get carers if you yourself are on pip but maybe wrong 
  • Maddison69
    Options
    Ok just rang tax credits they said because it’s standard rate and my husband works it won’t go up or down and because it isn’t means tested it doesn’t effect anything else , including carer s so it looks like it will all stay as it was xx
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    blitzy123 said:

im not sure of this but i didnt think you could get carers if you yourself are on pip but maybe wrong 
    Oh believe me they do.
    Many many cases if both (husband & wife) get PIP at Standard Care as a minimum claim to care for each other.
    There is no assessment to see if each actually provides the 35 hours of care needed to qualify so as long as you say you do then you get the awards.

• blitzy123
    Options
    Yadnad said:
    blitzy123 said:

Oh believe me they do.
    Many many cases if both (husband & wife) get PIP at Standard Care as a minimum claim to care for each other.
    There is no assessment to see if each actually provides the 35 hours of care needed to qualify so as long as you say you do then you get the awards.

ty yadhad i never knew that  i dont get it !! but ty xxxx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.