no f2f assesment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

no f2f assesment

blitzy123
blitzy123 Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
hi  came across this site on google search needed bit of info really my son turned 16 in may he been on dla since he was 4 high care low mobilty i recently had t go thro process of changing him to PIP i was made his appointee the woman was really nice who came i spoke with her about making claim  as he  has autism n learning  difficultys and didnt understand anything about claim would he be put throu to much she said no n to go throu with cliam i sent bk the form on 10th august today 21st august i had a woman from Capita phoned today asked a few questions  she seemed very nice i then asked her for his assesment could he have home visit as i cant get him to leave house only goes out with his personal assistant once a week to my shock she said no  the would not be doing a f2f with him  when i first applyed to pip they said 98% would ave to
ave a f2f.
im really worried now he will be turned down as they have not had f2f   n seen his needs. my question is is it true if no f2f u are most likey to be turned down .... abit about my son he has mental issues too that go hand n hand with autism sensory issues still wets himself at home ( but never anywhere else) explores his stools with hand n mouth  he alwys from age of 9 had low mobility  he is now classed as adult at 16 can not leave house  on his own   has no sense of danger n 9 time out of 10 we cant even get him to leave house even when social storys been put in place
i did send copy of his health n care plan ( statement)    she said was going to send the deparment n penisions her report   today ( same day she phoned me )  im so worried gonna be sat waiting 2 months for dwp to get bk to me 
thank any advice would be great ty 

Comments

• Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited August 2018
    Hi, it seems to me he will be okay, as I've gone through PIP without a FTF and got ongoing.

I'm pretty sure with your comments above they have enough information now to make a decision and yes I would bet my life he will get an award via the Paper Based route.

if you give it a couple of days and phone the DWP PIP helpline and ask for the report that's done from the assessment provider. You are entitled to it.

The form to ask for is PA3 for Paper Based assessment. If an assessment is done at home or a centre the form is PA4.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• blitzy123
    thank you Governments_A_Joke sounds positive  dwp should ave report today as she said on phone hopefully  i will here something soon  one more question with pip do you ave to be reassesed every year ?
    blitzy123 said:
    thank you Governments_A_Joke sounds positive  dwp should ave report today as she said on phone hopefully  i will here something soon  one more question with pip do you ave to be reassesed every year ?

@blitzy123 glad to help.

I would phone to ask in a day or so for it. As to an award length can be from 2 to 10 years or an ongoing over 10 years with a light touch review awaiting what that actually means.

So if he gets an award for say 5 years it will be reviewed in 4 years. 7 years would be 6 and so on.  Only ongoing is after 10 years. Hope this helps.

Please let us know how you get on.
    ⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi, it seems to me he will be okay, as I've gone through PIP without a FTF and got ongoing.

I'm pretty sure with your comments above they have enough information now to make a decision and yes I would bet my life he will get an award via the Paper Based route.

if you give it a couple of days and phone the DWP PIP helpline and ask for the report that's done from the assessment provider. You are entitled to it.

The form to ask for is PA3 for Paper Based assessment. If an assessment is done at home or a centre the form is PA4.

This is very rare from what I hear.
    Am pleased for the OP but must admit I'm a bit confused.
    If, as in this case there is enough evidence to provide for a report to the DWP without a face to face, how does it work if that same level of evidence is sent in and they want a face to face. Does the face to face report then over rule the evidence, that's if it does?
    Secondly, why should it really matter if the report is based entirely on the evidence supplied or on the basis of a face to face assessment? As in my case twice the evidence that was presented resulted in a change of decision at MR taking me from 0 points to Enhanced Care & Mobility. I wonder why they just didn't work from the paperwork which in any event the DWP decided was more relevant than the assessment report.
    @Yadnad based on my expirence from how I got my ongoing PIP from DLA transfer.

At first Capita did want to do an assessment on me and my support team sorted with Capita and did not need a Face to Face, and then was all done on Paper only.

I like yourself also sent in well documented form, and evidence and to me it sounds like you just had a bad HCP going through all your paperwork and gave you 0 points.

Now in the case of the OP of this thread was at first he was going to have an assessment and then it was decided No to one after further consideration, which can and does happen I'm living proof as I've also been through it......

As for your MR the DM has seen another side and decided to award you. But now your in a down and out position as you've clearly stated many many times.

⬇️

• blitzy123
    can i add he did ave a f2f with dwp but this was only  to make me his appointee i dont know if that was considered as that  f2f caused so much distress my son had wet himself in front of her and after 2 min of being there she told me to let him leave the room and go bk to his bedroom were he feels safe  but  i dont think she works with actual dla pip claims think just works for DWP to get claimants appontiees doing homevisits  so cant really say if this was in his file
    blitzy123 said:
    can i add he did ave a f2f with dwp but this was only  to make me his appointee i dont know if that was considered as that  f2f caused so much distress my son had wet himself in front of her and after 2 min of being there she told me to let him leave the room and go bk to his bedroom were he feels safe  but  i dont think she works with actual dla pip claims think just works for DWP to get claimants appontiees doing homevisits  so cant really say if this was in his file

@blitzy123  Sound like your confusing yourself here, I will clarify it a little better.

Sounds to me the visit was to make you his appointee and has nothing to do with PIP/DLA assessment just to confirm with the DWP only.

Now you've stated above and sent the PIP form off and now you've had a call from Capita over the phone and they say he dosent need a Face to Face.

There is your answer. A Paper Based assessment.
    ⬇️

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2018

At first Capita did want to do an assessment on me and my support team sorted with Capita and did not need a Face to Face, and then was all done on Paper only.

I like yourself also sent in well documented form, and evidence and to me it sounds like you just had a bad HCP going through all your paperwork and gave you 0 points.

Now in the case of the OP of this thread was at first he was going to have an assessment and then it was decided No to one after further consideration, which can and does happen I'm living proof as I've also been through it......

As for your MR the DM has seen another side and decided to award you. But now your in a down and out position as you've clearly stated many many times.

Yes it does seem a bit weird. 
    What I was trying to point out that twice the DWP and the assessor  had good evidence that was eventually used by the DWP to grant the award at MR stage. So in a way the assessment was a smokescreen as the DWP ignored it in the end twice and re-issued the correct award.
    In those cases there really was no need for an assessment. It's not as though that the evidence was sent in after the report and  before the MR, it was all submitted with the PIP2 forms.

Mind you I have noted that you had advisors working for you where I had no one and had taken no advice even when filling out the PIP2 forms.
    Maybe that was the important point - how the form was completed and no one to advise thereafter.

I'm not 'down and out' as you put it - I am free of the damned system but learning more about it every day.
    edited August 2018
    Yadnad said:

Yes it does seem a bit weird. 
    What I was trying to point out that twice the DWP and the assessor  had good evidence that was eventually used by the DWP to grant the award at MR stage. So in a way the assessment was a smokescreen as the DWP ignored it in the end twice and re-issued the correct award.
    In those cases there really was no need for an assessment. It's not as though that the evidence was sent in after the report and  before the MR, it was all submitted with the PIP2 forms.

Mind you I have noted that you had advisors working for you where I had no one and had taken no advice even when filling out the PIP2 forms.
    Maybe that was the important point - how the form was completed and no one to advise thereafter.

I'm not 'down and out' as you put it - I am free of the damned system but learning more about it every day.

@yadnad I will keep it brief.

yes it's funny that your DM changed it at MR twice, these assessments are a complete farce anyway.

Plus I added all evidence in my PIP and ESA when the forms got sent back.

As I put Down and out? I will be in that situation when my ESA if it also goes wrong? Yes my support team will give them hell first, and if it fails I will be free from all this **** as I now will choose my path in life I'm done hoop jumping.

Yes my Senior MH nurse knows her stuff and she will give them hell on my behalf too and she will give them No wiggle room even I woulden't mess with her and she goes to the top and don't deal with the lemons on the call centre phone lines.

Even if she don't or can't sort out my ESA if I get called to or have to have an assessment I won't be having one or going end of. I will live off my PIP.
    ⬇️

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @blitzy123 and thank you for taking the time to share this with us. If you need any more support then please do not hesitate to be in touch!
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.