Hi, my name is Ails — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Ails

Ails
Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
Hi, My name is Aileen and I have Spina Bifida.  My husband saw this website online and thought it may be helpful for me to chat to other disabled people.  I look forward to having some good discussions on here.  :-)
Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ails
    Welcome to the community! Please don't hesitate to ask us anything!
    Ami :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Ails

:) Hi Ami,

Many thanks for welcoming me.  That's so nice.  My husband saw this website and thought it would be good to chat to other disabled people.  So I thought I would give it a go.  Sorry I have only browsed around the topics so far and haven't posted anything yet.  I take it that you can discuss almost anything concerning disabled people on here? 

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ails
    Do not worry! There's no rush :) That's right and if you have a question that you can't find any information to give you an answer then please ask us and we will do our best to answer it :) The community changes lives, certainly did for me, I felt so alone a year ago, I have family and friends but nobody really understood how I was feeling, I came across Scope's online community in February and I don't feel alone anymore. I've gained a couple of good friends too :) Please thank your husband for letting you know about Scope's website!
    Ami :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Ails

Hi Ami,

Thanks so much for your lovely words.  It's so nice to hear that you have gained so much from being part of Scope's online community.  You sound like a lovely, friendly bunch of people and I really look forward to getting to know you all and to participating in some lively discussions.  It is really reassuring to know that there is a website such as this for disabled people.  I can relate to the fact that you can have family and friends, but nobody really understanding how you feel as a disabled person.  My husband says thank you for your nice words too.  I am looking forward to the Scope experience! x

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @Ails,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you on board.

We really are a friendly bunch who are happy to help and support one another. There's plenty of groups and discussions which you can get involved with, and do let us know if we can help in any way!
    Liam
  • Ails

Hi Liam,

Many thanks for that.  It is nice to know that I have joined such a welcoming and friendly bunch of people.  I look forward to contributing to Scope in the days to come.  Cheers, Aileen :-)

• sophie1989
    sophie1989 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi ails my 9 year old son has a form of spina bifida would be interesting to chat if you'd like to Sophie xx
  • Ails

Hi Sophie,

Many thanks for your message.  Yes, that would be great to chat.  I hope your son keeps well.  I walk with crutches, but use a wheelchair outside. x

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ails and a very warm welcome to the community! How are you feeling today? I am glad that you are enjoying the community. No rush to get involved, just whenever you feel ready! :)
    Scope

• Ails

Hi Chloe,

Many thanks for your lovely email.  I am fine, thanks.  How are you?  Nice to meet you.  Everyone is so lovely and friendly on here.  I'm so glad that I have found Scope.  x

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ails, I am good thank you! Glad you have had a warm welcome from us all!
    Scope

• Ails
    Glad you are well, Sophie.  Hope you are having a nice day so far. x
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Ails :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Ails

Hi Sam,

Sorry for the late reply.  Thank you very much.  I am enjoying being part of the Scope community.  Nice to meet you. x

• Smileygotwell
    Smileygotwell Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
    Hi there @Ails, I've not long been here myself so also learning the ropes but it seems a nice, welcoming and encouraging place to call; I hope you find it as comforting a community as I. Welcome to you and your husband!
  • Ails

Hi Smileygotwell,

Thank you for your lovely welcome also.  Yes, it is a nice, welcoming and encouraging place and it does seem very comforting speaking to so many people who know exactly how you feel as a disabled person.  I am glad you are enjoying the Scope experience also.

Brightness