Been awarded standard care but want to appeal, do I still get payment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Been awarded standard care but want to appeal, do I still get payment?

Maddison69
Maddison69 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
edited August 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi there just to let everyone no I’ve just rang up regarding my claim and I’ve been awarded standard care no mobility not sure if I’m really happy about this or not , they said a back payment will be in my account on the 30 August the letter is on way out to me , and my next payment 4 weeks as from the 30 August , not sure whether to put in for mandortory concideiration or not if I do , do I stil get paid in mean time or will they stop it and also back payment will they decide not to put it in bank any help would be great ? 

Comments

• Angiebabes2410
    Angiebabes2410 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    Yes you will be paid what they have awarded you and they will back pay everything if you win your case. My friend was waiting more than a year to go to tribunal and I have appealed mine also but mine is bout 2 months waiting so far. It's hard to have £30 less each week but praying I will get it all back. Good luck xx
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hello Maddisson69

As detailed in the above post your daily living award will continue if you challenge the decision. As you have posted the challenge will be a mandatory reconsideration which must be lodged within 1 month of the date of the decision letter.

It is also important to point out that when you challenge a decision, a decision maker can also consider the award that has already been made.  That is they can increase PIP, keep it at the same rate or take it away.  That is they can reach a decision that you are not entitled to PIP at all. This is not common but it can happen. 

Maria

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.