Please sign and share this petition — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Please sign and share this petition

sue1965
sue1965 Community member Posts: 25 Connected
Hello, I have created a petition to try to make a change in the way disabled people are treated. Please can you sign this and share it.

Thank you so much.

Comments

• Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    @sue1965 I really feel for you and many like us me included by this sysetem.

Another petition.... and there will be another and another, we are just banging our heads against the wall with these. Direct action is the only way and is now now needed.

I think in any hope of this will be a very tiring task to achieve the required level of support to push this through.

Ive done nothing but campaign for years with pressure groups and much never gets done. This Government have one thing on there mind, get rid of the poor and disabled. 

Good luck i will also carry on fighting for justice.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2018
    The vast majority of PIP claims do not feature in the appeal system.
    The assumption therefore is that these claimants  are happy with the award made.

People will say that it is right that others who are asking for public money should be prepared to be assessed and tested. If that testing and the system that carries it out is degrading then the other option is to opt out of making a claim.

The above has been said many times to me - invariably by those that have never needed to make these claims and who need to be included as signatures to this petition. if you want the 100,000 names..
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Honestly, I. Understand it. But it is not specific and I dont think there is enough support for petitions to achieve change unless you get the big names involved. This government only seems to pay attention when a campaign is in their face relentlessly and makes them look bad. Join a major campaigning group or get a celebrity involved. What about our mp s shouldnt they be assisting?
  • Yadnad
    edited August 2018
    Honestly, I. Understand it. But it is not specific and I dont think there is enough support for petitions to achieve change unless you get the big names involved. This government only seems to pay attention when a campaign is in their face relentlessly and makes them look bad. Join a major campaigning group or get a celebrity involved. What about our mp s shouldnt they be assisting?
    I don't understand the purpose of the petition either.

Debbie, ask yourself what is there in it for 100,000+ people to sign it?
    Why should politicians sign such a document when they are deluded by their own belief that life is rosy as it is.

Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain arrived back in the UK extatically holding an agreement signed by Adolf Hitler which stated the German leader's desire never to go to war.

He was just as deluded as the rest of them and look what happened 12 months later!

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    I didn't both reading this when i seen it earlier because petitions mostly seem rather pointless. After reading the replies i became rather curious, so had a read. Other than you not being happy because you lost your Tribunal, i really don't see what exactly you're asking for either. I chose not to sign it for this very reason, because it doesn't really say what exactly you would like to change. Sorry, just my opinion.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • debbiedo49
  • debbiedo49
  • sue1965
    sue1965 Community member Posts: 25 Connected
    sorry, I was trying to say we, the disabled need to be recognised as human beings not people who can be ignored/treated unfairly just because we suffer some major health issues. I was hoping that if we got enough peoples signatures it may help us to take things further so that we can go to the government/benefit decision makers in the hope that they will recognise we should be treated with respect and dignity and change the way that benefit claims for ourselves are run. I don`t really know what I am doing but I am sickened the way the whole system of claims is run; how stressful, demeaning and unfairly we are treated. I don`t know if this petition will make any difference, however, I think its terrible the way we have to fill in tons of forms, sometimes pay for medical evidence and have to go through extra stress with assessments etc., just to try to claim enough benefits to try to lead a normal a life as possible with our problems. Sorry if I confused you all I read on the web (which I am a beginner at) that I needed to add some of the things I put out there so people would be able to `get` what I am trying to achieve and instead I was rambling as I am extremely unfit to start this off. I don`t know what else we can do to make people realise what we go through and the way we are (not all the time) treated, I have had friends, carers and family talk to me over the last few years and all I want to do is help the disavantaged receive the right and just help we need. I would be EXTREMELY glad if there is anyone out there with ideas what to do to create a change for us if this is the wrong way to go.  
  • Yadnad
    sue1965 said:
    sorry, I was trying to say we, the disabled need to be recognised as human beings not people who can be ignored/treated unfairly just because we suffer some major health issues. I was hoping that if we got enough peoples signatures it may help us to take things further so that we can go to the government/benefit decision makers in the hope that they will recognise we should be treated with respect and dignity and change the way that benefit claims for ourselves are run. I don`t really know what I am doing but I am sickened the way the whole system of claims is run; how stressful, demeaning and unfairly we are treated. I don`t know if this petition will make any difference, however, I think its terrible the way we have to fill in tons of forms, sometimes pay for medical evidence and have to go through extra stress with assessments etc., just to try to claim enough benefits to try to lead a normal a life as possible with our problems. Sorry if I confused you all I read on the web (which I am a beginner at) that I needed to add some of the things I put out there so people would be able to `get` what I am trying to achieve and instead I was rambling as I am extremely unfit to start this off. I don`t know what else we can do to make people realise what we go through and the way we are (not all the time) treated, I have had friends, carers and family talk to me over the last few years and all I want to do is help the disavantaged receive the right and just help we need. I would be EXTREMELY glad if there is anyone out there with ideas what to do to create a change for us if this is the wrong way to go.  
    Have not read the recommendations put to the government in respect of the PIP and ESA system?

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201719/cmselect/cmworpen/829/82910.htm#_idTextAnchor054
  • debbiedo49
  • debbiedo49
    @sue1965 thats why sites like this who campaign for equality are so important. Maybe you could join one of scopes campaigns? Its better to get behind whats already out there than starting from scratch in my opinion. There are other campaigners out there that would welcome support.
  • Peasmold_01
    Peasmold_01 Community member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    Try 38 degrees, just Google and read their criteria, or look for an existing campaign they may be running on disability discrimination issues. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.