Turnaround on pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Turnaround on pip

Gwenewen7
Gwenewen7 Community member Posts: 29 Connected
It's been 8 weeks now since I had to go for my pip revised and still not heard anything I have it on my mind all the time and waiting for postman everyday looking for Brown envelope..

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    8 weeks since your face to face assessment? If so call them and ask for a copy of the assessors report 
  • Gwenewen7
    I will susan I called them 2 weeks ago they said it is because of the staff been on  holidays but I will do as you say on Tuesday thank you once again 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Wit is holiday season ect,  so give them the benefit of doubt and call DWP for your acessment report and enquire why the delay. Hope all goes well.
  • Gwenewen7
    Thank you Mike 
    I hope.so too wilko its the waiting and not knowing plus I cannot 're apply for my blue badge till I get my pip sorted 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Gwenewen7 said:
    Thank you Mike 
    I hope.so too wilko its the waiting and not knowing plus I cannot 're apply for my blue badge till I get my pip sorted 
    You don't need PIP to apply for a Blue Badge.
  • Gwenewen7
    I know but it's much easier then Haveing to go prove it even though mine dosent run out till 16th September 
  • Yadnad
    My Blue Badge was obtained during the times when I had PIP last year. It will run out in 2020. I now no longer have PIP or indeed any other disability benefit that tests mobility so I will have to re-apply without the automatic entitlement.
    I just wanted to make sure you had the knowledge of what you can do.
  • Gwenewen7
    Thankyou yadnad if I not heard by Wednesday I will apply without it I have 2 weeks before it runs out 
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited August 2018
    Yadnad said:
    My Blue Badge was obtained during the times when I had PIP last year. It will run out in 2020. I now no longer have PIP or indeed any other disability benefit that tests mobility so I will have to re-apply without the automatic entitlement.

Remember @Yadnad you will need notify and need to tell the Blue Badge department you No longer recieve PIP?

Its now your responsibility to do this so they can check your still entitled to it.
    Also you may need to re-apply for it.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• Gwenewen7
    Yes I know I am at the moment still receiving pip had to go 8 weeks ago just waiting for results coming through my blue badge runs out on the 16th sept and I am at this moment in time geþting pip 
    Gwenewen7 said:
    Yes I know I am at the moment still receiving pip had to go 8 weeks ago just waiting for results coming through my blue badge runs out on the 16th sept and I am at this moment in time geþting pip 

@Gwenewen7 Sorry I was not doubting you, I was merely mentioning it to YADNAD as he had PIP and now doesn't and now may need inform them as he might have to have a assessment via the council to retain the Blue Badge.
    ⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• Gwenewen7
    I know what you mean it's best to inform them straight away about any change at all then they have no excuse to take things off us I appreciate all the,advice I get as it's like a minefield trying to get anything these days pip and my blue badge are all I can get I cannot even get my pension for 4 yrs I will be 66 then as I was born in 1956 and the government put up the age for some of us born between certain dates 
    I struggle by at the moment  to be honest but my son helps .
  • Yadnad
    edited August 2018
    Yadnad said:

Remember @Yadnad you will need notify and need to tell the Blue Badge department you No longer recieve PIP?

Its now your responsibility to do this so they can check your still entitled to it.
    Also you may need to re-apply for it.
    Thanks, you are quite right in pointing out that bit that I seemed not to mention although I made the point in reply to another thread,
    My Blue Badge obtained last year was returned to the County Council on the same day that I took the car back to the dealership which was also the same day that the decision letter for the MR was received.
    I no longer have a Blue Badge or a car so the need for it is not really there.
    My wife has had her renewal application refused last week even though she is in receipt of Day & Night Attendance Allowance. Unfortunately AA does not have a mobility aspect to it
    So with no vehicle to use, other than my wife might use our son in law's there is no real point in making extra work for ourselves.

But yes it is very important to point out that the conditions of having a Blue Badge do state that you must notify the Council if there are any changes..
    Your welcome @Yadnad I knew you was on the ball an thought you would have sorted it in which you did also to note our memorys is or are like at our age.  B):) 
    ⬇️

• Yadnad
    Your welcome @Yadnad I knew you was on the ball an thought you would have sorted it in which you did also to note our memorys is or are like at our age.  B):) 
    Tell me about it. I can vividly remember my childhood from the age of 4 and the many years that followed. Do you think I can remember what my appointments are for next week. No. Every day my wife has to (a) list down what I have to do or who to see or what shopping I have to get and where from. (b) list down where I should be for my council work.

It does get embarrassing sometimes when I have to make a special journey into the council offices every Monday to find out for the week what my itinerary is.

Mind you I do have an excuse - they keep telling me that I have early onset dementia - I doubt it, half the time I have my hearing aids turned down for a bit of peace and more often than not I forget to put new batteries in.

(that ditty was subject to a local newspaper article  when I asked at a council meeting for members to speak up only to realise that I had forgotten to put batteries in the damn things - you can imagine what the press made of that!!)
  • Gwenewen7
    Gwenewen7 said:
    It's been 8 weeks now since I had to go for my pip revised and still not heard anything I have it on my mind all the time and waiting for postman everyday looking for Brown envelope..

• Gwenewen7
    Well just to update everyone after 12 weeks of waiting for my pip reassessment I got a result yesterday  they have now lowered my money by 100 pounds a month even though my mobility is worse so now it looks like I have to appeal what a farce I am 62 and have various illnesses and cannot work let's hope i win my appeal. 
  • dolcie62
    dolcie62 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Hi Gwenewen7 that’s awful what is wrongg with these people make sure you do appeal and hopefully you will get it back a lot of people don’t appeal as they don’t want to go through all of this again but 9 out of 10 who do appeal usually get it reinstated so I have been told it’s just all the rigmarole of going through it all again isn’t it it’s so stressful good luck though keep us updated I have just started a claim for pip in last couple of days so have a long way to go still
  • Yadnad
    edited September 2018
    Gwenewen7 said:
    Well just to update everyone after 12 weeks of waiting for my pip reassessment I got a result yesterday  they have now lowered my money by 100 pounds a month even though my mobility is worse so now it looks like I have to appeal what a farce I am 62 and have various illnesses and cannot work let's hope i win my appeal. 
    I'm down by over £200 a week if you include along with the PIP that I lost, the Pension Credit and 100% Council Tax Support.
    You just have to make ends meet like we had to - I am 70 and my wife is 75

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.