Hi, my name is LOOBY! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is LOOBY!

Options
LOOBY
LOOBY Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello I have been thinking of joining for a while and finally managed it! 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @LOOBY
    Welcome to the community! Would you mind telling us a bit about yourself? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • LOOBY
    LOOBY Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hi, 
    Well I am in my 50s, live in Cambridgeshire with my fella, our two black cats and a multitude of house plants. 
    Health wise I have long term pelvic pain (20 years) the cause of which is only partly understood, vulvadynia, depression, panic attacks, several phobias including agoraphobia which is the most debilitating one apart from the phobia of bathrooms. 
    The cause of my pelvic pain has been part diagnosed as I had Endometriosis for 12 years before I received a diagnosis following a laparoscopic investigation in 2010.  This revealed that although I had had the disease I no longer did as the contraceptive pill I had been taking had sorted that out. So since then I've been given support to manage it.  My doctor and comsultant don't know what is causing the excruciating and at times totally debilitating pain I experience which only morphine completely calms down. Various suggestions have been made like nerve damage causing neuropathic pain,  psychogenic shock relating to my childhood through to teenagehood experiences of regular and extremely traumatic incestuous sexual abuse.  
    I used to have tramadol for the pain but that was interacting badly with the anti -depressant  I've been taking for over 20 years and made me manic. Since then I very rarely have a moment when I have no pain and I no longer have an effective pain relief drug solution.
    My favorite colour is purple. The song I'm listening to a lot at the moment is 'Choke ' by Federal Charm and the last thing I as was a cheese and chutney sandwich. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @LOOBY and a very warm welcome to the community, thank you for sharing this with us all. My favourite colour is purple too! Please do have a look around the community and get involved with any discussion that you like. If you need anything else then please do not hesitate to let me know!
    Scope

Brightness