Waiting for a tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting for a tribunal

tyson8633
tyson8633 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited August 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
i have serious concerns after i received my appeal bundle for my tribrunal against dwp.
looking through i noticed they have changed all my original answers from 2015 claim form, the answers have bee printed which is extermley worring as i cant find a copy of the form i sent my harddrive broke so i cant access.Also capita lied 15 times on my assessment. i suffer with chronic bipolar affective disorder and anxiety an d my mental health has hit an all time low with daily thoughts of suicide,im still waiting for a date for tribrunal six months no end in sight

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tyson8633
    Welcome to the community! I wish I knew what advice to give you but unfortunately I have no experience regarding tribunals. However, many members have gone through this process and I'm sure they will be more than happy to offer advice and tips. Wishing you all the best. Please don't hesitate to ask further questions :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @tyson8633   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing, I understand. What you are going through. Many of our community members also have similar problems and issues with assessments.

Please can I suggest that if you feel suicidal. You need to talk to some one. Like Samaritans or contact Mind website .

My concern is for you right now.  Do you have any support are you receiving support. I have mental health issues and I am here to reassure you it is often best to get some support for that.

Trust me a lot of the support mental health workers can help with benefits and have a wealth of experience and knowledge. Worth looking on line. Can be beneficial to your well being.

Also consider speaking to CAB. They can advise, help and support you with various aspects of the benefits .Complex and confusing. 

Have a look for benefit advice on our community webpage. Some thing else to consider.

What is important is that you seek the correct and right support.  For your mental health.

Hope that helps.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tyson8633 and a very warm welcome to the community. I am really sorry to hear this. I know it can unfortunately take 12 months to get a tribunal date. What support do you currently have in place? If you are feeling low then please do reach out to organisations such as Mind and Samaritans. If there is anything else that the community can support you with in the meantime then please do not hesitate to ask!
    Scope

• JustJan
    JustJan Community member Posts: 38 Courageous
    I have been waiting since June of last year.I have now got a date for September.  I really hope you get a date soon.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.