Daily Difficulties You Have to Face — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Daily Difficulties You Have to Face

Options
lottiejowsey
lottiejowsey Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hello all,
My name is Lottie and i'm looking to have some interesting discussions with members of this page (only if you're interested of course!). 
I am about to begin an intriguing project, beginning with research into the issues faced by disabled people in everyday life. It does not matter what your disability is, how small or large you consider it to be, or whether you care for somebody else with a disability- i am looking to engage in conversation about the issues you face everyday to aid my research. 
Any information given will be kept anonymously and i will treat you with full respect! I suffer with a neurological condition myself and know how difficult it can be to speak to somebody else, but my aim from the project is to create something which can help a person/people with a certain disability. it will take several months to research and produce designs and the final outcome may just be a prototype but i would love to produce (or give my designs to somebody else) something which can really make a difference to someone's life one day.
I can provide more infomration on request but i would love to hear your stories and expand my knowledge.
I hope to hear from you soon!  :)
Thank you.

Comments

• Georgeg93
    Georgeg93 Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    Options
    i suffer mental health i self harm and due to injuiries i suffer daily living on a daily buisness i struggle to cook clean and lift heavy objects my anxiaty stops me from going out in public cant go to the shops or even sit in a bus im currently waiting to go to my tribunal  next week because my pip was stopped it has caused more sress and added to my anxiaty
  • lottiejowsey
    lottiejowsey Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Georgeg93 said:
    i suffer mental health i self harm and due to injuiries i suffer daily living on a daily buisness i struggle to cook clean and lift heavy objects my anxiaty stops me from going out in public cant go to the shops or even sit in a bus im currently waiting to go to my tribunal  next week because my pip was stopped it has caused more sress and added to my anxiaty
    Hi @Georgeg93
    I'm really saddened to hear about how your mental health affects your daily life and i understand how difficult tasks that many people take for granted must become. I hope visiting the tribunal will help.
    Could you possibly let me know which task you find the most difficult or simply an issue which you really think could change your life if fixed?
  • Georgeg93
    Georgeg93 Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    Options
    cooking like chopping and lifting pots also hoovering and the one thing i could fix would be anxiaty i get help of my sister but its not enough 
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    I have around 13 diagnosed conditions about half and half physical / mental.

My physical issues leave me unable to feed or clothe myself or keep myself clean and my mental issues grow apace without proper support with the physical problems. For various reasons I suffer more than I am supposed to and get no assistance of any kind.

I have no problems discussing things with anyone and never have. In fact I often receive minor complaints regarding going into too much detail, lol!

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.

Brightness