Quick question — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Quick question

Options
Charli
Charli Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
hi applied for pip in February for my husband as DLA was ending in April or May they said he didn’t qualify as he couldn’t attend assessment  DLA ended 5 June cab helped with a MR which we won, DLA was never reinstated, they did a paper assessment, my question is will pip be backdated to when DLA ended thanks

Comments

• Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    That would seem to be the most likely thing to happen. I am going through the same process myself but am still receiving DLA at the moment. I haven't received my letter informing of their decision as yet so I am only going on what they explained when I applied.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Charli
    Options
    Thanks for replying the assessment report was finished on the 7th of this month, so it’s 3 weeks tomorrow the report was very favourable so it’d just a case of wait and see if they agree with the assessor good luck with your claim I hope your successful 
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    Thank you @Charli. I hope things go well and cannot see how they could refuse me high rate mobility at least but my MH issues continue to make me worry and that won't stop until I receive their decision.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Charli
    Options
    even though I don’t have mh issues I still worry I try to hide it from my husband as he has enough to deal with, some people seem to receive a text saying they have everything to make a decision but we haven’t if it wasn’t for citizens advice I wouldn’t have known he’d won the ME as they never sent a letter then either hopefully we’ll both hear soon I’ll keep you posted 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They only send text messages if a mobile number was put on the form. Yes the PIP will be backdated to the date the DLA stopped. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Charli
    Options
    Hi poppy123456 we never received a text about the MR or that they have the report in fact we haven’t received a text since March when they received the form our number has been the same for 5+ years and is always included in any correspondence with them so I have no clue why they haven’t text
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I've never known them send a text when waiting for the MR decision. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Charli
    Options
    That’s ok then we never received a letter telling us we’d won MR either if not for CAB I wouldn’t have had a clue
  • Charli
    Options
    Also they’ve never informed us that they’ve received the assessment report even though I’ve had a copy for 2 weeks, it can’t be just us that doesn’t  get letters off them
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I don't understand why you were asking if people receive texts when they have all the evidence they need to make a decision if you know the MR decision already? Are you saying the haven't sent an award letter yet? If so then you're husband will need to ring them tomorrow morning when they open because they are the only ones that can tell you what's going on. 

During my daughters PIP claim (i'm her appointee) yes I put my mobile number down on the form but I received no text messages at all through out the claim. I didn't even receive a letter when they had all the evidence they needed, I received nothing at all, all the way through her claim process. 
  • Charli
    Options
    I was I was just curious as apart from the phone call cab made Ive had no letters I only have the report as the lady from atos rang to ask a few questions then rang the next day to say she’d finished the report I suppose I just like things in writing and I like to know what’s going thanks for replying,all the advice on this site has been invaluable, and I value your opinion so thank you once again 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.