Blue Badge — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Blue Badge

Options
Mol
Mol Community member Posts: 52 Connected
Hello everyone, does anyone know what the assessment with local council is like to get your blue badge? is it anything like the PIP assessment? If anyone can shed some light on this it will be greatly appreciated. 

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I know someone who had a Blue Badge assessment.  He said council official came to his house, asked some questions, watched him walk up and down stairs and up and down road.  Not as bad as a PIP assessment.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Some people are accessed by a oucpational therapist at a Center to see if you qualify and meet the condition for a blue badge, it varies across the country.
  • Markmywords
    Markmywords Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    Options
    Depending on the council, and your specific problems, it can also be no more than filling the form in. They will make a decision based on that.
  • Mol
    Mol Community member Posts: 52 Connected
    Options
    Thanks for your reply's, I have quite a lot of problems Haemachromatosis, Diabetes, acid reflux, degenerative cervical spine disease, Arthritis in my shoulders, knees and joints, NASH non alcoholic steatohepatitis, liver Cirrhosis, Anemia, high blood pressure, I have had problems with my hands for about 4 years now and they believe I may have carpel Tunnel. I find it hard to do anything that involves anything to do with lifting due to pain.

Brightness