Not sure why I've had an MR? Fed up — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Not sure why I've had an MR? Fed up

Options
dougal1
dougal1 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
edited August 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi ,
New on here have read several horror stories Re mandatory reconsideration, have been through same myself on Aug 8th, l felt humiliated and made to feel like a second class citizen 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @dougal1
    Welcome to the community! Sorry to hear you feel that way, please don't hesitate to ask the community anything
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @dougal1 and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear this but thank you for sharing this with the community. Are you taking your case to tribunal? This is something the community would be able to help with if you needed it. Please do let us know if there is anything else that we can do!
    Scope

• dougal1
    Options
    Hi chloe ,
    I had a mandatory reconsideration assessment on 8th Aug now waiting for result of that, not sure why l had an mr, I've be getting pip lower rate for five years, finally after having several falls l asked for another form to be sent, this has been going on since Jan 18,just a little fed up with it all now feel like giving up. 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    dougal1 said:
    Hi chloe ,
    ,just a little fed up with it all now feel like giving up. 
    I did - it was affecting my health in having to keep fighting the DWP.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

That's not called a Mandatory Reconsideration assessment. This will be another assessment because you reported a change of circumstances. A MR means you didn't agree with a decision and this would be the first step to an appeal. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dougal1
    Options
    Hi poppy,
    The definitely sent me an MR form it had that printed across the bottom, I'm wondering if someone their end has got confused and I've filled in wrong form , l not challenging a decision I'm all confused now, it's all taking so long it's made my new medical conditions worse thro stress and worry xx
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The PIP renewal is called the AR1 form, you're most likely confusing this with the MR. DWP don't send out MR forms. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • dougal1
    Options
    Hi poppy, 
    I bow to your superior knowledge, you were right it was M.I, l got so confused as all this hassle has been going on since January phone calls to chase them up, l did get a letter yesterday saying they had all info now, so fingers crossed 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It can be confusing yes. You can ring and ask for a copy of the assessment report, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report. Letters can take a while to arrive from DWP and was most likely sent some days ago, a decision may have been made by now. Ask when you ring, if it has then they'll tell you. Good luck.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.