Review in 9 months? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Review in 9 months?

Chixie96
Chixie96 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited August 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Can any one advise me why i just recieved my assesment report which is good but  says review in 9 months ? although no change expected is that it i need to go through the f2f again in 9 months? please help

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Chixie96
    Welcome to the community! I am unsure but I'm sure another member of the community will know and get in contact with you soon :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Chixie96 and welcome to the community! What is the assessment report for? It is fairly common for assessments to be reviewed on a regular basis
    Scope

• Chixie96
    Hi
    thank you I’m hoping to come over from life award dla to pip

report very accurate saying my problems should be assessed again in 9 months because waiting on pain clinic she ticked yes to no changes expected even then? You’re insight would be greatly appreciated 

hc gave 18 points daily living 

16 mobility
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for clarifying this. If it says a review in this time then this probably will happen. PIP is normally awarded in 3 year blocks regardless of whether the condition is likely to not change. I am not a benefits advisor so wouldn't really know how else to help you with this. I would advise waiting for other members of the community to respond or calling our helpline on 0808 800 3333 :)
    Scope

• Chixie96
    Thank you 
    hopefully someone can help me and give me clarity as it’s making no sense and being told different things 
    I appreciate your input 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2018
    That's not correct, sorry. PIP isn't always awarded in 3 year blocks. People are often awarded it for 2 years with review after just 1 year. My daughter was one of them and she was awarded last October for 2 years and her review is October this year.  My first award for PIP was awarded for 3 years and reviewed after 2 years. Your award will most likely be 2 years with review after 1 year because I've never heard of the reviewing after just 9 months. 

I thought I answered this yesterday, seems like my comments were all removed, how strange. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Ah I see you posted the question twice. See your other thread with answers here.
    https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/48186/9-month-pip-award#latest
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.