Mandatory Submission Notice. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory Submission Notice.

Options
torradisturb
torradisturb Community member Posts: 3 Listener
hi. My husband has been on DLA since 1992, In June he had to
fill in a for for PIP. He went for a medical in July, got a decision in August
decision being High Rate for Mobility Low rate Care. However this is for only 2 years 8 months. I sent in more evidence from go & hospital occupational therapist on the 20th August received a letter back on 21st
August saying it has not changed the decision. Is it worth going to appeal. Also will this get reviewed before July 2021.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Are you appealing for a longer award length or a higher daily living rate from standard to Enhanced? Most MR decisions remain the same but you really should get further advice because no one here can tell you what to do because no one knows how he's affected by his condition. 
    Reviews are done 1 year before the award is due to end, so if it ends 2021 review will be July 2020. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • torradisturb
    Options
    Will he have to go for another medical because the last one took 2hrs 45mins. He has fractured his back and has arthritis .Also he can’t control his Bowles most of the time 
    and he got no points for this?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Most reviews have another face 2 face assessment yes but it's not a medical. It's rare to have a paper based assessment. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @tarradisturb,

If you are considering an appeal, we have lots of information about appealing a DWP benefits decision on our website which you might find useful.

As @poppy123456 says, getting some further advice may be helpful. Have you considered contacting your local Citizens Advice?
    Liam
  • torradisturb
    Options
    We only have one CAB there is no way you can get an appointment to see anyone but thanks for your remarks I will go on the DWP websitex
  • poppy123456
    Options
    What about any other disability advice centre near you, welfare rights for example? You didn't say if its the actual award you're disputing or the length of the award? 
  • jae377
    jae377 Community member Posts: 27 Courageous
    Options
    I have a damaged spinal cord, non-healing spine compression fractures, insulin dependant diabetes, osteoarthritis etc etc. After 23 years on DLA Mobility High - awarded for  life,  I have been ordered to attend a PIP assessment. Apparently you can fix a damaged spinal cord (but no doctors know the secret). I fully expect to end up with a limited time award because basically that's how the company carrying out the medicals makes its money.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.