Suffering with MS & severe back pain — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Suffering with MS & severe back pain

melh
melh Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited September 2018 in Cerebral palsy
Hi all my name is melh & I am new to this. I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2008, I was on medication but at present don't require any. My right side is the most effected & I have lost balance many times resulting in falls. My severe back pain is my worst symptom I am on lots of medication. My disc is flattened between L5 & S1 which gives me sciatica done both legs. Does anyone else have these & does anyone have any suggestions about pain relief. Thank you xxx

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @melh and thank you for sharing this with us today! I am sorry to hear that your symptoms are causing a great deal of pain. I am going to move this discussion into the physical disabilities board in the hope of getting more responses :)
    Scope

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @melh, and a warm welcome to the community!

Thanks for sharing this with us- I'm so sorry to hear about your pain. Have you considered being referred to a pain clinic? It might be something to discuss with your GP! 
  • veriterc
    veriterc Community member Posts: 241 Pioneering
    I really feel for you, as I have back pain as long-term condition after polio.  I did find that there is help, BUT you have to go and find this for yourself (asking your GP to refer you to your local pain clinic can mean a 6 month wait).  
    One thing I found helped my back pain was hydrotherapy (see more on aftercancers.com).   If you can tolerate water temperature in local pools try swimming back stroke - that helps me.  Good luck 

Brightness