Do PIP take into account oxford knee score? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do PIP take into account oxford knee score?

Options
jules13
jules13 Community member Posts: 63 Connected
just getting more evidence to support my appeal (MR) do PIP take into account the oxford knee score questionnaire I did at the consultants office? Thanks :-)

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jules13, I believe that there is not a set list of evidence that would help to support your appeal but anything that shows how you meet the criteria would be beneficial and worth including. I wish you the very best of luck!
    Scope

• atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @jules13

Can I ask, what you know about Oxford Knee Score (OKS) and how you think it is relevant to your claim.

Also, have you registered and reported on the National Joint Registry (NJR), this could also be of assistance with PIP?

Have you had both knees replaced?

• jules13
    jules13 Community member Posts: 63 Connected
    Options
    atlas46 said:
    Hi @jules13

Can I ask, what you know about Oxford Knee Score (OKS) and how you think it is relevant to your claim.

Also, have you registered and reported on the National Joint Registry (NJR), this could also be of assistance with PIP?

Have you had both knees replaced?

Hi, I haven’t had any knees replaced, there was a new operation available but I’m too old for, they don’t do it over anyone over 17, and as I’m in my 30s they won’t do a knee replacement as I’m too young for it. I’m awaiting surgery next week but as quoted by the doctor “it’s just to hold my knee in place for as long as possible, and will not fix the issue long term” that fills me with hope lol I was always told I had hyper mobility that was causing my issues but now it’s played up again ( I have had this since I was 13, but have had many surgery’s to help) they now know what is actually causing this and how it could of been fixed. A kick in the teeth was, if this surgery was known when it first started at 13 I would of had it and that would be that! I would be fine. I’m very new to all this, first  time I have ever applied. I have read a copy of my report and now there will be certain areas I need to appeal, for example getting dressed my hubby helps me cause of bending over makes my knee turn out cause pain and dislocation. But the hcp put I can get dressed unaided as during my f2f I touched my ankle, (it fails to mention my leg was elevated higher than my hip and rest on top of a large pillow. And it was a fast quick movement, nothing at all like hooking pants or trousers over a foot, then standing while bending to pull said items up. So I’m just looking at any evidence I have since I sent in all my evidence with the application. I literally sent in 147 pieces of doctors letters/reports etc and as my face to face was only a couple of weeks ago I don’t have anything else to support it. Only a consultant letter stating the score.

sorry for the long rant xx 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.