tribunal pip mental health — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

tribunal pip mental health

Georgeg93
Georgeg93 Community member Posts: 21 Connected
tribunal is next week need help answerd questions diffrent from first application will i  able to address and change them at my tribunal 

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I wish you the very best of luck at your tribunal! What answers would you be changing?
    Scope

• Georgeg93
    Georgeg93 Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    cooking chopping and peeling taking medication walking distance and washing just daily living questions basicly answerd them wrong on the application so need to see if they will be able to accept it and change the questions 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    What do you mean you answered them wrong? On the PIP2 form you answer the questions by telling them how your conditions affect you. I don't know how you cn answer them wrong. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2018
    What do you mean you answered them wrong? On the PIP2 form you answer the questions by telling them how your conditions affect you. I don't know how you cn answer them wrong. 
    It all depends on how the claimant interprets the questions.
    As an example 

How far can you walk - more than 200 metres - Yes
    When in fact walking that distance can only be carried out in 10 metres stints before needing to stop because of the pain they are in. But carry on in this fashion trying to ignore the pain until 200 metres have been covered.

The correct answer should have been - less than 20 metres.

The reliability factor is very rarely used by claimants as they simply don't understand it.

In one of my claims I put that I can walk a mile with difficulty.
    I failed to tell them on the form that I could only do that distance in 20 metres stints due to pain and breathlessness. The question of mobility didn't arise during the assessment and the report said that I could walk more than 200 metres.   
  • joyclyn
    joyclyn Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
    hy again I am lying here in a state  panic crying stressed  out  I had my appeal back early June  was running 1hour 15mins late we were  last in I was useless my support worker with me but not allowed to speak I have mentioned previously bowel  incontinence  how degrading but anyway was asked if appeal could stop as I could do nothing but cry uncontrollable  and the wanted to get more on my mental health from docs. papers did arrive I looked but to me appointments it seemed  gave them straight to support worker  also had to see welfare  rights regarding points  again me mental crying unable to stop  even though explained to me they are to help  but it carried on tearfull  I cannot stop it panic tears  on  my assessment I lost all benifit but got points  for toiletI hope I won't offend anyobe but need to write this I have no control as to where when I soil myself it's horrible but my family trying to hurry  help with my cleaning I have a water infusion  I cannot do but my grandchild does this along with every thing meals makein me and putting me in bath everything  sorry I'm going on but I have no interest iam now not caring saying what I have  to live with along with ll pain various illness  sick of mentioning deep depression never out unless app. with family never alone  existing   I do not living anyway I am now desperate for help on some ting  I am having to have stand in support worker as mine is on.leave and I said no way would I try adjurn  I am a wreck waiting  it's put years on my old head now I'm here and have 5 days till I go again
    God knows outcome I cannot talk two days ago had to attend welfare again and she read out her comments  most mental health copd this diverticulitis  bursitis   I know it's not health but help needed she said to stick with 2 points I have for the fowling myself and added not for it to b mentioned due to embarrassmention  anxiety it caused me  I had a visit from a professional  while at my family's and  was shocked at what we said about 2 points  said digging my own grave as to a normal person this is horrendous  but with not having to leave my home  I have not as much  anxiety   it  is like just part me but  it .is a killer  not in control unaware it's horrible  but I won't ever have a bag attached I could not live with that we were told try contact doctor for a letter  to let panel know as they don't how in all I have to live today my daughter took letter to surgery but won't know if it has time to b done  have I done right  when all was explained to me 2 points  to save face I .am  writing this and I am so tired of this past year I have this awful  dirty disease  and I don't know who can read my letter I all near on 69 to old to reapply for pip  if I loose but what can I do if I am no less anxious at tribunal and cannot talk again what has happened I'm a scared  imbocile not scared terrified I hate this what it's done to me and my family.cruelty  degrading beggING  my heart is with  any one who may feel as I do please again begging  anyone who can advise me many thanks 
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @joyclyn,

I'm sorry to hear about all the problems you've been having - it sounds like a really tough time for you.

I would suggest contacting our Helpline for advice and support. They can be called for free on 0808 800 3333 or emailed at helpline@scope.org.uk.
    Liam

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.