Advice about PIP tribunal please — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice about PIP tribunal please

Georgeg93
Georgeg93 Community member Posts: 21 Connected
edited August 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi my pip got stoped i was on the enhanced rate i suffer depperesion extreme anxiaty i selfed harmed and took overdoses and in and out of hospital regularly had to get operations due to self harming and now done too much damage that i have tendon and nerve damage i had a change of circumstances so had to go to another medical the application i vot i filled it in wrong from the first time the questions i amswerd diffrently i struggled with it because i cant concemtrate and filled it out wrong i have my tribunal next week and im a nervouse wreck i struggle to look after myself on daily living and cant leave the house i am wanting help to know if the questions i answerd wrong on the application can i fix at the tribunal because i dont think i will win i am constantly in hospital even worse now since being stopped by pip the assement i got i disagree with aswell they said i look well i didnt in my eyes they said i was good weight i put on two stone over a year from not eating the right things because i cant cook so i just eat sweets or order out i have no motavation to do it plus my injuries they said i have good eye contact even though i looked at them once i never had good eye contact in general i dont think i had a fair examination my tribunal is in 6 days so would appreciate as much help and tips as i can get i am really woried about it thanks 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Georgeg93   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing.  Sorry what has happened. I know and do understand what you are going through. As many members of our community do.

They might be touch so will a member of our team.

I can say please have a look at our advice on the website.  Talk about PIP and DLA.  To reassure you lots of posts and comments from members. Who have had similar experiences.

Please can I also advise with any benefits speak to CAB for form filling in and they have other advice, knowledge that they could help and advise you with.

I am concerned that you need some help and support with your mental health and other issues.  Understand and how hard this is. I live on my own have mental health issues.

If you feel suicidal or need to talk to some one please talk to the Samaritans or look at MIND  website. I hope that helps.

The community is here ready to listen and I know you are anxious. I have been to several tribunals and all I can add it is always a good idea to have some one with you.

I apologise if you can not get anybody.  Might be worth having a look at CAB Website a lot on there plus our own.  Another one is DWP have a look.

I believe they normally issue a booklet. With the tribunal procedures and what to expect.  Unless that has changed.

Wish you the best for a successful outcome. We are all here to support you.

Please take care

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Georgeg93
    i am taking my sister i have sent letters from social work and previouse discharge leters from the hospital for proof i am just worried about the form i filled out answered the questions diffrent from the first time applying for pip would i be able to correct them at the tribunal because  in the dwps eyes i should not be on pip due to answering the questions diffrent from the first allocation but i had support filling it out the first time. this time i did it on my own which i struggled to do 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Georgeg93 and a very warm welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear this. I hope the community is able to offer you support and guidance about your tribunal and we all wish you the very best of luck!
    Scope

• Georgeg93
    just dont know what to expect would live some advice about what will happen when im there really dont want to go because if my anxiety
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Georgeg93, great to meet you! 

I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling anxious- the tribunal process can feel really overwhelming, but hopefully we can help. I'm sure our community members will be able to share their experiences with you, and you may also find Scope's guidance on appeals helpful. Please do keep us updated!

https://youtu.be/tIHjSpNNbQo

https://youtu.be/2WEvbFVlQOc
  • Georgeg93
    i have managed to get a disability advisorvto come to my tribunal will they be any help

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.