pip tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip tribunal

cazza62
cazza62 Community member Posts: 60 Courageous
edited August 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello got a letter for my tribunal which is on the 29/;10/;18 any advice you peeps can give me I would be very grateful I am very nervous about this @)

Comments

• Peasmold_01
    Peasmold_01 Community member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    Firstly, are you being represented by anyone? If so, talk to them about what happens, and what you need to take. If not, at least have a friend with you even if they don't speak in your support. The format of the Tribunal is as relaxed as it could possibly be. Three people, a Judge, (Not wearing a white wig or gowns) a doctor,(Not in a white coat) and a lay person. You will be asked to sit down at table in front of them, and the Judge will explain the proceedings. He will ask you a few questions, then pass the questioning over to the doctor, who will similarly ask a series of question, then the lay person. Don't get flustered, tell them exactly how disability affects you. If you can, obtain your medical notes going back two years, if they support your case, and send them into the HMCTS at least two weeks before the hearing. Some hearing can take an hour, or slightly longer, others, like mine was all over and done in 15 minutes, and I won. (With the help Pro Bono legal representation) Make sure you have a copy of all the information that you have provided to DWP, and HMCTS, it is referred as the evidence bundle. Before the hearing you should receive a copy of the evidence and statements made by the DWP to the tribunal explaining why the turned you down. Read it,get to know it, because you will have to formulate counter arguments. Good Luck
  • cazza62
    Thank you ever so much @Peasmold_01 for your advice much appreciated :)
  • Pinkangel
    Pinkangel Community member Posts: 3 Listener
     Great information . Thankyou.. Iv just got my PIP form, and dreading the whole procedure to be honest, but I need to do it, I know.. will remember what you wrote, incase I have to go through the same.x
  • Pinkangel
    Pinkangel Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    And GOOD LUCK Cazza62.. everything crossed for you x
  • cazza62
    @Pinkangel and you too sound advice from @Peasmold_01
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Wishing you all the best, @cazza62! If you haven't seen it already, you may also like to check out Scope's advice on DWP appeals and tribunals.

https://youtu.be/tIHjSpNNbQo
  • cazza62
    thank you @Username_removed for advice much appreciated :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.