Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

Options
Wendy1962
Wendy1962 Community member Posts: 20 Connected
I I'm on pip due to having breast cancer after having major surgery is have got weakness on the side I had the breast cancer in was awarded low rate of pip it was awarded for 2 year's it's been a year now they sent me a renewal form I sent it back 7 weeks ago and not heard anything x

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

There's no timescales to assessment waiting times but most people have another face 2 face assessment for a review. Some people wait weeks, while others wait months. It depends on backlog in your area. You're PIP will continue until a decision's been made.  Did you send evidence to support your claim? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Wendy1962
    Wendy1962 Community member Posts: 20 Connected
    Options
    I did hopefully hear soon I'm back to work after major surgery for breast cancer I'm finding it very hard to cope with it at the moment but I only get statatury sick pay.thank you for your reply it's nice to have some support even though I'm getting help off a phycitrics 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.