So angry about PIP appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

So angry about PIP appeal

Options
crunchie
crunchie Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited August 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi this is my first time using this link but I am so angry that I needed to say something. I waited for my appeal for over a year and had it on 10th August.I have just rung the DWP to find out what was going on and they told me that they hadn't received the paperwork. I then rang the tribunal who told me that it was sent on the 10th along with an email. I won the appeal and thought that would be the end of it but now the DWP are saying that they will request another email from the tribunal which could take at least 4 weeks. I am living hand to mouth at the moment and I am so angry that they are putting me through this. Has anybody else had this happen to them? Thanks for reading this

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @crunchie   Pleased to meet you. Welcome.

Thank you for sharing. Sorry what has happened. I am sure there will be members of our community who have been through this.

Will be in touch.  Please can I ask have you spoken to any body for help and support to get you some assistance.

Just concerned you are struggling.  

Might be worth considering.  Could be a phone call to our team 0808 800 3333.

To get anything advice and information.

Also have you spoken to CAB  . Have a lot to offer and can give details of support or look on line.  For debt agencies and other assistance.

Hope that helps.

Take care

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • crunchie
    crunchie Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you so much for your advice. This only happened today so haven't spoken to anyone yet. I will try the phone number tomorrow and the CAB. Thanks once again. I will keep you informed.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @crunchie, and welcome!

How frustrating- I'm so sorry to hear about your experiences. Please do keep us updated and let us know if we can be of assistance!
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    crunchie said:
    I won the appeal and thought that would be the end of it but now the DWP are saying that they will request another email from the tribunal which could take at least 4 weeks.
    This is how the DWP work. At least they are relying on email and not the post. My experience of the postal service with the DWP is that it took 9 months from complaint (in writing by post) to resolving the problem and putting the benefit payment back on track.
    Given the above 4 weeks appears to be acceptable.
  • o5jessica
    o5jessica Community member Posts: 42 Connected
    Options
    How, I'm no support, I'm going through pip now only offer location I do no travel one handed in wheelchair high complex disability medical health care needs need everything help with, 
    Live unsafe housing 
    Too
    I can't get  mrhs community IE to home visit me, 
    Mum death resenlty ,so mental health effects got worse, 
    I going through full care act assessment process too. SoucsS worker, did make calls to dwp no.to then yesterday , capita medical one week notice, in 30 miles away, I'm no one to get offer home visit, 

No family members support 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @o5jessica, thanks for sharing this with us. Given your circumstances, I wonder whether it would be best to give the Scope helpline a call and chat to one of the team? You can reach them on 0808 800 3333.
  • o5jessica
    o5jessica Community member Posts: 42 Connected
    Options
    Yes , I'm ring Pippa, I'm falling apart so unwell physical too 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.