ESA and PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA and PIP

Options
NormaBateman1520
NormaBateman1520 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everyone!  Hope you are fine.  I would like to ask a couple of questions, if I may:

Regarding ESA - I had my first work capability assessment 8 months ago, and put in support group. Would anyone know when the next assessment is likely, please?  I realise there's a delay.

If I do land a job that is suitable (ie. NOT with tasks that are scored on the descriptors) and ESA goes (I would let them know immediately, like you should), would I require another PIP assessment due to this?  I do not have contact with a "coach" at this time.  Would a GP need to be involved?

Thank you for your time and valuable help.

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @NormaBateman1520, thank you for  coming to the community about this today! I do know that PIP would not be affected by ESA. You are able to work (even full time) and still receive PIP. I am unsure about your ESA query though  
    Scope

• Ripples
    Ripples Community member Posts: 189 Pioneering
    Options
    @NormaBateman1520 You can call the DWP (ESA) and ask them how long before your next recommended review is.  Theoretically they can call you in for an assessment at any given time.
    PIP is a different benefit and not affected by your ability to work PIP usually has an award length of time, however sometimes a change of circumstance can trigger an earlier review. As to work i am sure you are  aware it depends if you have work which isn't against what you were awarded PIP for ( EG: claiming a bad back but gets job as hod carrier  :)  ) 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.