PIP review — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP review

matthewwilliams1173
matthewwilliams1173 Community member Posts: 20 Listener
Does anyone no when the new award payments will start is it from date of assessment or date of decision made in curreny on standard rate care and standard rate mobility this is likely to be changed to enhanced on both. Bit of advice would be great

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @matthewwilliams1173
    Welcome to the community'! Unfortunately I am not sure however another member may know and will be in contact with you soon :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @matthewwilliams1173,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you on board.

I've had a look on the Citizens Advice website and it says that a successful claim will be backdated to the date of the original decision.

I also found a discussion thread about a successful tribunal where our benefits advisors say at this stage that it shouldn't take more than a week or so for the arrears to be paid. I imagine this is the same timeframe at a mandatory reconsideration, but you can always call the PIP claims hotline on 0800 121 4433 to check on the progress of your claim if you have any concerns.

I hope this answers your question. If not or you have any other questions, then please do get in touch!
    Liam
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Does anyone no when the new award payments will start is it from date of assessment or date of decision made in curreny on standard rate care and standard rate mobility this is likely to be changed to enhanced on both. Bit of advice would be great
    Has a decision been made or have you seen the assessment report to know that it's likely to be increased to this? If it's a review it's from date of decision, change of circumstances its when you reported the changes. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.