PIP question — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP question

matthewwilliams1173
matthewwilliams1173 Community member Posts: 20 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Does anyone no when they pay your new pip award from is it date of assessment or date they make the final decision? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,340 Disability Gamechanger
    If it's a review it's from date of decision. If it's change of circumstances it's from when your reported the changes. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • axwy62
    axwy62 Community member Posts: 142 Pioneering
    And if it's a new claim, it's usually from the date you claimed, but it can be backdated for a short period in very limited circumstances.
  • matthewwilliams1173
    On my original claim I had 9 points for care and 10 for mobility my case has rapidly got worse and after speaking to citizens advice I’m unsure what to expect at an appeal assessment 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,340 Disability Gamechanger
    Looking at your other post with this question it wasn't an appeal assessment but a review assessment. Ring DWP on Monday and ask for a copy of the assessment report, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • axwy62
    axwy62 said:
    And if it's a new claim, it's usually from the date you claimed, but it can be backdated for a short period in very limited circumstances.
    Would you like to explain this as there’s no backdating on disability benefits at all and never has been.
    Apologies, PIP claims cannot be backdated - I was getting confused with other benefits.
  • matthewwilliams1173
    axwy62 said:
    axwy62 said:
    Would you like to explain this as there’s no backdating on disability benefits at all and never has been.
    Apologies, PIP claims cannot be backdated - I was getting confused with other benefits.
    What if they refuse you pip and then it goes to tribunal and you win the case?
  • axwy62
    axwy62 said:
    axwy62 said:
    What if they refuse you pip and then it goes to tribunal and you win the case?
    It will be paid from the date you originally claimed - lots of people getting quite a chunk of money in that situation.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.